Midi sync weirdos

Trying to sync the Heat LFO to MIDI. In Settings - Options it shows Ext MIDI sync but not the BPM (106) that my Octa is sending (through MachineDrum Thru) instead the BPM is 102.1 . If I remove the MIDI cable it changes to Internal and when I put it back again it briefly shows 106.1 (!) and the changes to 102.1 Can’t get my head around this!

Tried changing cables but same result. MachineDrum i syncing just fine.

Clock recieve: On
LFO speed: Max (if that’s of any difference)

What am I missing? And what about that .1 extra on BPM?

What version of the Analog Heat’s firmware is installed? A firmware update appeared to cure this problem for many people. See previous posts.

If the displayed tempo fluctuates by a tiny amount but you don’t hear any problem, then it is just a momentary artefact of the AH’s tempo-calculation procedure.

2 Likes

I’ll check the firmware version tonight. Hope that’ll fix it!

1 Like

Yes, an upgrade did the trick!

1 Like

Still it’s off by 0.1 BPM and that makes it useless if I want to make a preset which doesnt affect the kicks but in between. Just after a few bars the kicks gets chewed on. Or is there a way to work around it? Like triggering or something.

I believe the few options are external midi clock generators. Like the discontinued Innerclock or newer devices like Acme etc…

That 0.1 fluctuation is pretty normal…