MIDI routing for OT in Mac OSX

Hi all, I have trawled the net and this site extensively to find a way of configuring my OT so it can read any synth. Im attempting this via midi studio set up. See attached that everything has its own IN and OUT from two microlite devices. When i try and drag a virtual cable and create a THRU on say, channel 6 for the Moog I get nothing? NO response from an devices? Anyone shed some light on what I might need to do here?

I want to avoid having to daisy chain from the OT

Hey,
you’ve done a lot of work - but you didn’t have to do it because it has literally no effect. Your DAW, or any other MIDI application manages the I/O’s of your devices directly via OSX’s core midi.

ehm…the moog only got a MIDI in.

Thanks for the reply mate. The Waldorf also only has midi in. I don’t use a DAW much. Why then when I click a virtual cable from the OT’s out port does it not send a signal to a synth even when it’s transmit and receive channels are the same? That’s what I’m trying to achieve via the microlites rather than having to physically daisy chain devices?

ah ok. For a non-DAW-setup the Mikolites aren’t the best choice. These are simple USB/MIDI-interfaces, their ‘intelligence’ depend on OSX’s AMS. If your PC isn’t running they simply don’t work the way you need. Better to swap them for Motu’s Midi express series or iconnnectivity’s mio10.