Midi Foot Controller for Model Samples : help required

Or work from A01 up?
But then I don’t know how to go back either !

And the other issue that with my current setting on the editor it only changes once…and doesn’t change again!

MS has banks right? Maybe 8 banks, A-H?

PC scroll or increment up will og from PC 0 to PC1 (A1 to A2). So if your song verse is on D1 and chorus on D2, then you need to pc scroll all the way from A1 to D1 manually with the footswitches.

1 Like

Yes, six banks of 16 patterns.

Not sure how to program the editor to do that. And how to go back…say A1 to A2 to A1, etc…Will have to come back tomorrow…thanks for your help! Almost there!

1 Like

Hi everyone, at a loss here about how to send PC to the MS. If you can help with a screenshot or something I would be grateful. Thank you.

On MS, you need to set PCH IN on, and select a midi channel for that…

1 Like

Hi thanks, this is what I have.
PCH IN is on and MIDI Channel is 1.
Numbers on MIDI channels correspond with MC8 editor.
I think the issue is with the MC8 editor because on the MIDI monitor there is no sign of PC being sent.
Oh man, shouldn’t have to be this difficult.

Maybe screen grab your Morningstar editor settings?

I’d say it’s probably just a setting you have wrong as the Morningstar editor was pretty good at giving you all the options you could ever need.

I’ve got another MC8 coming tomorrow so will be able to help out a little more then.

You’ll get there! Stick at it.

1 Like

Thank you. I managed to send program changes to the MS but for the PC Scroll I don’t know what I am doing wrong…arrgghhh!!!
Thank you, if you can help please give me a shout !

1 Like

just checking one thing:

When testing functions on your device, please make sure to exit Editor Mode on the device as some functions are disabled while in Editor Mode.

1 Like

also, have you set up the counter min and max values in the Controller
settings, under the counters tab?

Does the MIDI monitor show anything?

EDIT - after a little search, looks like m:c expects program change msg. on a specific channel - have you set this to MIDI CH1?

I know you’ve said CH1

But is that the channel for PCH or the normal MIDI in? (p44 in the manual)

this thread might help:

1 Like

Try “toggle mode ON” in editor…

1 Like

@NTM
Any luck?

Mine arrived this morning. This is no dig at Morningstar, I think they’ve done a great job. But fuck me I hate midi and programming things. It’s everything I hate about making music lol. I do this for fun and a bit of a release - this just feels like work. Shit work with no pay. Anyway, rant over. I’ll take a look at making it work with my OT later. Blooper took way longer than it should have.

1 Like

OK, got OT working with pattern changes… Looking at MC manual you need to set PCH IN first:

Then

Then in Morningstar Editor set a preset to go up (on the channel you picked for PCH IN - My OT Auto Channel is on 11):

and for down:

Make sure the "slot’ is the same on each. Start at “0” and end at “15” to give you 16 patterns to flip between. If you go further (on the OT at least), you can set to go from “0” (Bank A, PTN 1) then “16” would go to Bank B, PTN 1)

Let me know how you get on…

2 Likes

My brother…thanks for your help.
It worked with the suggestion to set the counters.
Thank you ! I would have no idea to look in there…
Had a quick jam just now and then…it stopped working again…
The counters got reset somehow…on the software it was 1-96 and on the MC8 it showed 2-97 and it wouldn’t change patterns.
I freaked out because I changed on of the patterns length on the MS to x2 and then it stopped working and I thought that it would only recognise patterns of x1 (I think this is a feature only on MS).

I set it up like this with the number scroll. More work to be done to allocate things properly and make the most of the MC8 but at least can play a bit now…will make a post with all the information for anybody’s future reference…
Thank you @brucegill, @sezare56, @sjvl, @avantronica, @Aksdnt, @InTheAM. When you are in London, UK let me know, I am buying drinks!

6 Likes

Yay!!!

Great! Pleased you got it working.

And thanks, I tried it your way and set a counter up and now I have Patern up and down like yours with a Number Scroll and auto named with the correct Pattern number

I’d love to do the same for scrolling through active tracks on the OPT but thats a Note On action sending a Note Number - So I don’t think it could auto namer the track number, but would name the note?! I think hahah.

Hello everyone, Im thinking to get launchkey mini mk3 (with midi out) for my m:s and roland s1, my Idea is to control track levels of m:s and play keys for s1.

I can see that track level cc is 95, all 6 tracks cc is not separate? Does it mean that I need to switch patterns to control it and I cannot just map it to 6 individual knobs of launchkey?

And will it work: launchkey > m:s midi in (controling levels) > m:s midi out > midi in to s1 to play keys.