Midi channel fx track

Hello
where can we adjust the midi channel of the fx track ?
I find 12 tracks but not the fx track
Thanks

Not sure if this is what you’re looking for…

Go to your settings (cog wheel) then choose midi config then channels then scroll down and you’ll see fx control channel where you can set what channel you want that on.

Little more info on page 69 in manual says:

“FX CONTROL CH selects the dedicated MIDI channel that is used to receive or send (by turning the knobs) parameter data to or from the FX track and the DELAY and REVERB parameter pages. If configured as OFF, parameter data are neither received nor sent via MIDI.”

1 Like

thank you
the midi channel of the delay reverb parameters and the fx track is the same
I manage to assign on my faderfox midi controller in midi learn for example the cutoff of the fx track filter
the midi controller recognizes the correct control change and the channel
but when I turn the button of the midi controller nothing happens on the cutoff of the fx track

the control changes effect parameters work but not those of the fx track
same with you?

Did you assign which tracks gets sent to the fx block?

FYI:
Midi Mapping of the FX block is not working. Opened a ticket at Elektron support and they confirmed this issue.

7 Likes

Hi,
Just wanted to check and see if this is the same issue I’m having and if it’s resolved.

I’ve mapped my OT to the FX channel. That’s all good. I can alter the filter on the Syntakt from the OT. But I cannot seem to change the settings of the Reverb. I want to alter the decay time but it doesn’t seem to react to the Octatrack mappings.

Anyone managed to do this?

Thanks

Actually, now I’m proper confused.

The manual shows CC25 mapped to both Reverb and Delay FX?

I was hoping that they would be separate and be able to be accessed from an external controller at the same time for live performance.

Anyone got any insight into this?

Cheers

1 Like

The manual shows CC25 mapped to both Reverb and Delay FX?

Don’t be ! Definitely an error. In the manual or OS. My guess is that CCs in the manual are wrong. Maybe you can midi learn tweaking ST Reverb paraneters ?
@eangman ?

Cheers @sezare56.

Yeah, not sure how I get to those settings via external midi control.

Hopefully it’ll be cleared up soon.

I’ll see if I can reroute my midi to do a midi learn moment. :thinking:

I checked. Wrong CCs in manual. :wink:
Decay is CC30.

Syntakt usb > Computer with midi monitor software (I used Soundlib Studio, freeware for mac/win)
Uploading results…

Delay
Delay
Reverb
Reverb

3 Likes

Cheers @sezare56.

You’re a star.

1 Like

This is working a treat. Makes the Syntakt much more of a performer.

1 Like

:wink: Same CCs for different parameters on same channel seemed weird. It could have been interesting to have delay feedback and reverb decay with the same CC !

I encourage everyone to use midi monitors for midi debugging. Can be very interesting!

1 Like