Microtiming - select all trigs? / nudge whole track?

Hi there,

One thing I’d like to be able to do on the OT is nudge all high hats, say, to the right or left. Not swing them. I know you can do it with microtiming, but do I really have to do it for each individual trig in grid mode? Is there a way to nudge the whole track or select all trigs?

Thanks. (I’m sure I’ll be back here a lot in the days ahead. Please bear with me.)

You can hold function then press left or right to move everything a full step not micro steps though

1 Like

When you say “nudge” do you mean:

a) Move Trigs forward / backward?
or
b) Shift the Micro Timing of Trigs?

Sorry - shift the microtimings of trigs. Was hoping I could do all steps at once.

While I’m here, what is the “playback menu”? I see it referred to when I’m looking up how to do things (new user, if it wasn’t evident), along with a playback button. Is this something that’s not on the MK2? I think I was looking up how to turn global timestretch off — still haven’t found that.

It’s the SRC menu.

There is no global “timestretch off” and shifting the microtiming for more than one trig at a time is also not possible.

2 Likes

You can shift all trigs with swing, if you select all trigs in swing menu.

2 Likes

You could also use a sample with a gap at the beginning. You’d be able to move start position and effectively have micro timing control.
Otherwise I think all other suggestions have been mentioned above

It’s the OT though - there’s bound to be other (probably less practical) approaches

Maybe something with an LFO that holds the sample at 0 rate then jumps up to +64 rate, after a duration governed by LFO speed. (Untested!)

If you want the same Microtiming for each Step, you can Press down more than one Trig at a time and Microtime them. After that, you can Copy the Page and Paste it on another one.

1 Like

How? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

With your fingers. Microtiming works the same on all Elektron devices? I know it’s easier with the Digi’s cause you have two rows.

Unfortunately not. :slightly_frowning_face:
You can’t modify several trigs on OT (except in Lfo designer, Arp Setup pages)…

1 Like

Ah non? Merci pour l’info. Another inconsistency between devices.

Sorry Ob for the mislead!

1 Like

OT is older generation, vieux !
Inconsistency between OT MKI and OT MKII is sometimes annoying when you want to explain :
Playback vs SRC
RECAB/CD/SRC3 vs REC1/2/3

3 Likes

Not more than MD. I knew for the MD but thought it has been implemented on the OT.

My mistake. I will double-check my knowledge next time.

2 Likes

OT have microtiming. :content:

1 Like

Was talking about selecting multiple Trigs at the same time for p-locking.

Thanks for the replies. I wish I could just have a standing thread with all my daily questions in it as I learn this thing (or a discord!). I’m going to try to space out the new threads I make so as not to annoy anyone. Literally have a pad of paper beside me with a checklist of questions that pop up.