Micromonsta 2

is it multitimberal on different MIDI channels?

I thought this would pretty much be the definition of multitimbral ? Or maybe you think about keyboard split/layer ?

From what I can tell its freely configurable with 2 parts

I can’t seem to find a pic of its inputs/outputs but from what I gather its usb powered and has a 3.5mm jack for its MIDI. anyone know if the audio out is 3.5mm too?

yes it is. Comes with an adapter for standard midi sockets.

just got one! now we play the waiting game

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

I’d like to grab one … I have to e p6 which sounded very nice ( reminded me of a Juno in many ways )…

Good to see a small company continue to produce nice gear …

I’m curious about that M knob. Hoping it can be used to morph between the patches like the polybrute.

I’m excited to try out this pairing. Potentially a very powerful combination. I wonder if it will be possible to p-lock patches per step?

I think it’s a Macro knob, same as in A4… although not sure, just speculation

1 Like

That would be great. Hopefully morphing between patches is one of many possibilities.

I don’t think so.

If I understood well, M is a assignable knob, like F and Q (filter and q as default).
They can be assigned to modulation matrix.

2 Likes

Available manuals! :thup: (English and French)
https://www.audiothingies.com/dl/?dir=micromonsta%202/docs

2 Likes

indeed:

3 Likes

I was about to post this!
d[:wink:]b

1 Like

Awesome that he really went with the concept encoders for editing + pots for tweaking! :thup:

5 Likes

Yeah makes me think about getting it to run through the Pro2… can’t say any of the demo sounds were especially interesting to me but seeing how it has wavetables (I assume user wavetables) and a deep feature set it seems safe to assume anyone who spends enough time with it will come up with something they like.

Omg. Must resist.
Even if it was mono trimbral, it’s still a bargain !
Rationally, I don’t need it (I already have an OT, a digitone and Shruthi)… but wow wow wow !

I agree, although I’m a bit worried that the manual doesn’t say anything about pickup mode or something similar to avoid value jumps…

2 Likes