Micromonsta 2

nice, nice. are you routing the micromonsta through the blackbox or using a small passive mixer or something? this is exactly the type of small portable setup i was thinking of except with the digitakt (so, not as small).

1 Like

No mixer… Mm2 straight in to BB, nice and simple.

5 Likes

The mm2 + DT(and battery mod) + bluebox (or comparative small mixer) would have roughly the same footprint as the above photo, no? I like!

yeah, seems comparable. i don’t want to mod the DT, but my battery pack isn’t too big. as it is, i usually run the DT on the couch via ripcord and battery for hours at a time with no issue. looking forward to the mm2 restock.

1 Like

This thread has made me gas harder for a blackbox than a MM2, lol

2 Likes

Ah, so the output changed from 2x1/4" TS (on the mm1) to 1x3.5mm stereo?
Yes, très pratique with the blackbox.

fwiw, I’m pretty sure you’ll have better results if you send the audio out from the MM to the bb’s audio in, instead of the bb’s midi in… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

:joy: where were you for the two minutes I spent looking for my other headphones, only to realize the headphones were not the problem.

1 Like

Yep!

I’m grateful every time I turn on my setup and sound actually comes out!

2 Likes
5 Likes

Jason from PresetPatch agreed to add an MM2 category for sharing patches, if you’d like to upload any there! @Jekkbh @sezare56

7 Likes

I’d like too, very busy with non musical stuff unfortunately… :expressionless:

1 Like

Mellotron patch:

5 Likes

Listening to these great MicroKorg patches a lot for inspiration:

4 Likes

Good sign: there was a call for beta testers for the new firmware on AudioThingies Facebook page this morning.

10 Likes

A large number of patches demonstrated, takes a while to get going:

5 Likes

I’d live to make use of Octatrack’s MIDI learn feature to control MM2’s assignable knobs but it seems like my monsta doesn’t like to send out CC values via MIDI. Or is this user error?

Can I assign the mod know to the reverb amount? I don’t think so, but I feel like I should be able to…

I feel like you can…
You can change the mod knob (or any knob/encoder btw) assignation to whatever you like both at the patch level or system level. It’s described in the manual.

2 Likes

Holy shit, these are absolutely amazing! :scream: :scream: :scream: I think I’ll have to get the microkorg out of the shelf and find some space for it again on my desk!

1 Like