Micromonsta 2

Some more discussion on the French forum, delayed by a few weeks due to a problem with the casing material.

Confirmation on Facebook:
“Quick MicroMonsta 2 update: official launch/reveal is postponed to mid/end november”

4 Likes

Hoping for some news on this, soon!

2 Likes

The last update on 31st October was, roughly:
The presets are more or less done, I still have to do a pass of harmonistation, then I’ll make a video / audio examples. Once I have the boxes in my hand, I’ll start the sales.

3 Likes

That was after new french lockdown (29 oct 2020). Apparently it doesn’t change Audiothingies planning…

2 Likes

Hoping they’re in lockdown shooting / editing some promo vids as we speak.

@sezare56 Did you have the original? Were you happy with it? How was the sound quality compared to the digitone?

1 Like

Yeah, I actually sold it, Analog Heat too, to fund the Digitone! I knew that MM2 was coming with 12 voices, so I didn’t hesitated much.
The thing is I bought a Virus Ti Desktop after Digitone, wanted more voices for ambient pads, and I just thought I just wanted 1 or 2 MM2 instead! Much prefered MM1 editing, filter sound, size, weight.
Don’t get me wrong, the Virus are really capable with several unison, supersaw, fx, but starting from scratch I was much more satisfied / impressed with this little monster.

I recorded this with MM1 sequenced by OT.
1 bar random patterns.

8 Likes

its already pretty cheap. been eying one on reverb myself but holding out news for the micromonsta 2.

I have both Digitone and Micromonsta. I would say they don’t overlap to much. I actually sequence the monsta from the Digitone, both on the melodic side. Monsta is more rolandish and Digitone is well, FM and crystal clear if I want and I usually do. Great combo for layering sounds also because you can feed the monsta into the tone audio ins and use the same fx chain/extra lfos.

LE: Nothing noticeable on the actual sound quality/level, different beast tho

4 Likes

Sure! MM2 is announced as pretty different from MM1 though, checking Audiothingies faq in the site. Fm capable on certain oscs, fm filter…

I’m sure MM2 and DN won’t overlap too.

MM1 midi control is very complete and clever I hope it will be similar with MM2.

3 Likes

Thanks for this. Sounds pretty good.

1 Like

This is what I am considering doing. Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m looking for an analogue or VA poly of some kind and would like something with lots of modulation and a small footprint. I like that it will be bi-timbral.

3 Likes

MM1 was already really good for that, with its modulation matrix.
Audiothingies said they improved it…

I had a Blofeld before MM1, no regrets.

1 Like

I’m gassing for a typhon right now but I’ve already got 3 monos. Thinking of ditching the TB-03. Just bought the Sirin, it’s got a great sound but I like the idea of built in fx and way more modulation, especially lfo modulating the waveforms.

2 Likes

Yes I think that you made me gassing too for this! I have enough money for MM2, reserved for that since a few weeks! Hard to resist with the additional delay !
I also bought a Pulse 2 recently, I’ll push its limits before really considering a Typhon.

I also have A4 with a CV controlled Xox Heath.
Too much gear. I’m sure MM2 will be really versatile, and as I want a movable compact setup, probably divided in 2 stands, it’s a no brainer.

2 Likes

Black Corporation won’t suffice?

Yeah, I’ve been close to getting the XD module a few times, but I think I’d prefer a few more voices. Considered getting the Rev2 as well, but it’s maybe a bit more than I want to spend right meow. I love the DN, but sometimes I just want to dial in a subtractive style pad. I also don’t have very much space, so the compactness of the MM2 is really appealing.

1 Like

“I hope next week” said Audiothingies…

1 Like

So I should stop checking the website twice a day?

4 Likes

lol no because then I’d look like more of an idiot for continuing to do it

3 Likes

That’s what I did too. Break till next monday!

4 Likes