MFB Synth Pro

unbalanced outs?

No idea about the outs, my tape machine does not care :wink:

1 Like

Sounds beautiful!

1 Like

In kind of classic stimming fashion, he windmills his hands quite a bit and plays very little. Pretty good video aside from not nearly enough audio of the synth, it does sound beautiful. I like him quite a bit but more sound more knob twist less hands in air plz.

I love Stimming. Love him. No nonsense, knowledgeable reviews + borderline ASMR :joy:

4 Likes

Haha yea I like him too, listening to someone describe how amazing a synth sounds is nice, but hearing how nice it sounds is nicer… I don’t mind his talking, just would like more playing. We barely heard anything from the synth, a few super simple patches, a sad attempt at some overboard FM sounds, and lots of talk. Really nice sounding synth though, from what I heard. I was surprised he didn’t like the reverb! Sounded pretty springy and cool to me, he kept twisting the knob super fast though so it was hard to get a good read on it and just hear how it trails off. Honesty I guess I think that it was a good video but quite a poor review, I would not call it no-nonsense by any means.

1 Like

I was looking for that synth but from what i’ve heard … hummm. Im not impressed.
Doesn’t sounds bad but not great either.
There is someone on gearslutz who have done several demos.

after his review iam extremely lusting for the A4 mk1 :bomb:

He reviewed the A4?? Why have I not seen this?

sorry, after the MFB review

I want to hear it for myself before I can honestly say how it makes me feel when I hear sounds from this synth.

He made a point with the organ-style of the sounds and I might just have an extreme weakness for these sound as my grandfather was an organ player and those sounds entered my brain before I was breathing air :rofl:

2 Likes

I have to add, besides the actual sound of the synth, I generally love the kind of sounds he played in this video. Usually I shy away from most analog poly demos, because of cheesy 80s pads and the obligatory stranger things arpeggio.

5 Likes

Posted today. Pretty vintage sounds, but I would go for a Peak over this any day. Still a neat synth. I fully agree on the organ sounds, it really has that vibe going on.

4 Likes

Ha - typical Stimming review. “this sucks, that’s enh, this is OK… I LOVE this machine!” I did enjoy the sounds he got from it, and I’ll check out the other demo. It’s a shame it seems like it’s still very much in development, vs. being closer to market. Amazing how compact it is.

5 Likes

new demos here, bass at the end seems nice!

I like its tone, but find it kind of boring. too boring for the price tag

1 Like

I find the Synth Pro interesting as a new entry in the mfb world - good price considering the cost of the single voice synth ii it replaces. Also interesting compared to the more recent Dominion synths. MFB interest me because they seem to exist outside of all other synth companies - as if they are not aware of what anyone else is doing. Instead they just keep making what they make.

I agree at the price the Novation Peak (and others) make it a tougher sell.

I owned a Synth II and miss it. Can’t really say why as I have similar (and “better”) synths but I wouldn’t mind having it again.

4 Likes

Demo of MFB’s Synth Pro. Some factory patches included but most of them have been created from scratch.
Cheers

7 Likes

Another new no-talking demo of the Synth Pro:

2 Likes

I was very excited about this synth when they brought out the prototype but hearing it now the tone of it just doesn’t grab me. It’s really outshined by the competition out there right now and I also have a feeling, given it’s their first poly, it’ll have firmware/hardware issues that will ultimately go unaddressed. I saw someone in a comment of one of these videos say something about LCD bleed noise.

2 Likes