Metronome on Digitakt Not Working

Ok I just got my Digitakt last week, it’s beyond awesome. My intial setup was a little daunting but everything is working as it should, except one thing…my metronome. I recently updated the firmware to the beta 1.11. Before I did the update the metronome worked fine, I’d click it on and you would hear it. Now since I did the update no matter what I do the metronome will not sound. Has anyone had/have this issue and know how to resolve it?

1 Like

Is this happening standalone in non OB mode…, speculating that OB may not cater for a metronome !?

1 Like

Good question, right now it’s in OB mode and it’s not working. I’m not home right now, but when I go home I’ll take it off OB mode and see if it works. Driving me crazy, makes it hard to record without it.

Yea. In OB mode metronome isn’t working. I’m not sure if this is on purpose.

1 Like

presumably not needed if you are in a DAW, that’s what I was speculating (plus it’s more data to transmit in any case)

1 Like

I guess but what if your not using a daw? Right now I have it plugged into my computer and I’m just using Overbridge. Not having a metronome is kinda a bummer in my case.

Are you currently using all 8 tracks? Not ideal but you could just program a metronome on an empty track?

1 Like

No I’m not. But I still don’t understand why Overbridge mode wouldn’t allow a metronome. Seems crazy. I get if it’s synced with a daw you have one but not everyone is doing that.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a bummer… I’d just program it for now and I’m sure someone with the answer will respond soon enough for yah

How are you monitoring ? Thru OB or thru DT? If thru OB, Have you checked to see if it’s coming out of the headphone out?

Ok just got home, so if I take it out if Overbridge mode the metronome works.

1 Like

I’m still having this issue. Overbridge 2.0.31.1 Beta and Digitakt OS 1.11. Anyone have a fix yet?

2 Likes

Same with Digitone.

1 Like

wish they’d fix this

1 Like

As you’re using OB it’s apparent you’re monitoring via your DAW. Why can’t you use your DAW metronome? If you can’t figure out how to turn that on I can help.

OB is standalone too, where a daw metronome is not an option. So not quite apparent.

2 Likes

I forgot about standalone OB, my apologies.

In which case the most obvious workaround is the one already mentioned - assign a short sound to one of the tracks at an interval of your choice.

Kind of surprising that this is still a thing in 2023.

2 Likes

Just got my Digitakt… we are at 1.5 , still no metronome in OB standalone…

2 Likes

Took Digitakt out of OB mode and I still cannot hear metronome? Any ideas