Meris Polymoon Supermodulated Delay Pedal

https://www.meris.us/product/polymoon-pedal/

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this. Damn! I think I have to have this.

1 Like

Yep, me too.

My Polymoon arrived yesterday and I got to play with it last night. It really is a wonderful piece of equipment. I think it is going to pair very well with synths and drum machines. This little box is very musical. I can see it adding a new, and unique, dynamic to my music.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BanSXKKjSS0/?tagged=polymoon

2 Likes

Well, I like the LOOKs of their pedals, but since there are no good synth demos of them, hard to say what they sound like. Their marketing team appears to think that they way to sell more pedals is to always put 2 of them together in the demo vids and have them both on at the same time so you can’t tell what’s going on. I want to hear one pedal at a time so I can actually tell what it sounds like. Crazy, I know…

In terms of the way Meris pedals are built, they are perfect for use with electronic music instruments (because they were designed to be), but I don’t buy things until I can hear them and so far youtube has been useless. None of the music stores in my region have even heard of this company, so no in-person demos are available either.

Neunaber/Strymon reverb + any good delay (there are so, so many great delay pedals) is the combo to beat at the moment, and so far I have no idea if Meris’s reverb or delay are better or worse than that combo. From what little I’ve been able to hear, Meris is going for a “dark moody” atmosphere with the reverb and delay, and that’s not my thing. But if the units are capable of more than that, I’d be very interested to consider them.

Hopefully someone will put up demos that actually show what the pedals are like with synths.

1 Like

The Instagram video I linked to is just a Volca FM and the Polymoon. Granted it’s recorded with my phone mic.

What kind of sound demo would you like to hear? I will see about recording something for you.

Woah, that’s very kind of you, thanks! All I want is to hear the sound of it on a normal lead type of sound without any other fx and with several different types of delay settings. It seems as though this is a very versatile delay. I’m looking for musicality, so a bass sound doesn’t really tell me much about that.

I’m trying to discover whether this is an “experimental” delay, a bread n butter delay for general use, or both.

Since I do a dub techno project, I like to stack 2-3 delays on some of the sounds I use, and I’ve only got 2 delays picked out so I’m looking for 1 more.

Also did you see the A Bunch of Pedals video? It’s really good.

3 Likes

No, I started it and heard guitar and clicked away. I didn’t realize that he gets to electronic stuff later on in the video, thanks for the heads-up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

love the sounds

I got this pedal this week. First time I used it with my ambient project Paula Berthe…
It’s a killer !!!

My setup was DN > OT > Empress Reverb (main) and Meris Polymoon (cue)

Can’t say I had all the secondary functions in head (why aren’t they written on the panel ?) but experimenting with onboard flanger was much fun.
I don’t recall having already had that much fun with a pedal, in fact.
A jewel !

3 Likes