MegaCommand // MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

It’s not HW vs. FW – the MC firmware will stay the same. The difference is PC vs. an always on little chip that does the midi relay/mux job.

1 Like

So… arranging midi ports on the side may not be a good idea…

You’ll also need a development version (sysex_file branch) of MCL firmware.

Forgive my ignorance, but I can’t locate this version of the firmware. I’m curious to try the MegaCom.UI app but it just quits as soon as I open it on Win10.

Thanks

I’m curious to try the MegaCom.UI app but it just quits as soon as I open it on Win10

Justin also told me that it crashes on startup.
… so currently it only worked for me alone. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
I’ll wrap up a debug version for you to collect the crash dump this weekend.

2 Likes

Thank you for the continuous updates!

1 Like

Thank you also for the updated manual 3.10, Justin!

One quick comment : Load button was renamed to Write (great!), but the text of manual wasn’t updated - “Load | Yes” remains in 16 places. You can use Ctrl + F “Load |” and replace with “Write |”. :slight_smile:

By popular request, the Write page has been renamed to Load.
2 Likes

Ach, my bad. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Then the graphic needs an update.

1 Like

I actually re-did that diagram, and still managed to label it WRITE.

Will fix

1 Like

Sorry if this was posted before (can’t find it in the topic):

If track length is not a multiple of 16 (e.g. 12), the running step LEDs on the MD will lose sync after one measure (MCL step indicator will show correct position during play, but the MD step LED will loop on steps 1-16 regardless of actual track length in the MCL and therefore lose sync after first measure).

I’m running v3.10d.

Stumpled upon another feature request yesterday ^^

• Implementation of Sound Manager for Monomachine on Port II

Dont know if this ist interesting for a lot of MCL users but I’d Imagine it as quite handy in live improvisation

Hey @v-yadli , i´m also curios about getting to know the Megacom.UI software; where can i find:

“You’ll also need a development version (sysex_file branch) of MCL firmware”

?

I can get around visual studio well enough so that´s not an issue, just need to know what´s needed to make it run. And i´m using win10 as above so … :slight_smile:

It’s a moving target :slight_smile:
You’ll be able to compile this branch for megacom: GitHub - jmamma/MIDICtrl20_MegaCommand at comm_wav_merge

1 Like

I’m exploring MCL right now, on version 3.10d with Machinedrum MK II (no uw, no +drive) firwmare X.04.

I have a maybe stupid question:

How do I start/stop the MCL sequencer? Using the play/stop buttons on the MD only starts the MD, and I can’t find anything about it in the manual. Since I can use the MD’s trigs to control MCL, and save and load sounds with the sound manager, I’m pretty sure I have connected the two correctly.

So I can add and edit trigs in the MCL step sequencer, but I can’t seem to find a way to play them back. Hopefully I’m just missing something obvious?

I also assumed changing the tempo on the MD would update the tempo in MCL, but it doesn’t.

And I may have found a bug in the sound manager:

• No matter if I save a sound with the “default” or the “tonal” setting, it always loads with the “default” setting.
  • Maybe related, when overwriting a sound in the manager, the setting on the MD reverts back to “default”

"How do I start/stop the MCL sequencer? Using the play/stop buttons on the MD only starts the MD, and I can’t find anything about it in the manual. "
Normally when you hit Play on the MD the MCL is synchronized with and also start in the meantime. Same for the tempo.
Something’s wrong with your set up. Are your midi cables all fine?
You can also check with an external midi sequencer on Midi In port 2 with CLOCK rec MIDI IN 2, it should start your MCL.

2 Likes

Just tried with Digitone sending clock and transport to MCL on midi in/out port 2. It does indeed work, MCL follows clock and transport, and the sequencer triggers the sounds on the MD. On the MD, the tempo display changes to “EXT”. Then I tried using that same cable for MD–>MCL, but it didn’t make any difference.

For good measure I tried sending clock/transport from MD to Digitone, and that also works fine.

Any other ideas on what could be wrong?

Check your ‘CLK REC’ and ‘CLK SEND’ settings, seems like your MCL is transmitting start&stop from Port 2 -> 1

2 Likes

‘CLK REC’ was set to MIDI 2! Changing it back to MIDI 1 did the trick. I must have accidentally changed the setting while exploring the menus, or something.

I see @nicoj’s tip would actually have fixed it, if I had understood that ‘CLOCK rec’ was in reference to that setting.

Thanks a lot, both of you!

2 Likes

Hi Yatao, is it a lot of work to do a OSX version of MegaCom.UI ? I feel cheeky asking after all your work! :smiley:

It was supposed to work cross platform, but up to now it only worked on my own machine! X_X

2 Likes