MegaCommand // MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

Pm’ed

1 Like

Greate progress! Still waiting for any news on monomachine

The monomachine driver is already there. @yatli might be able to comment more on this

5 Likes

Would also be interested. I connected My mnm and My Md to the mcl and sure enough it respons, but how an i supposed to use it with mcl? How do i switch from entering a Md sequence to a MnM sequence for example?
Btw the new manual is great!

Use the External MIDI tracks via the PianoRoll editor

1 Like

sigh

1 Like

If you want to use an external DAW for recording other (wave) tracks with your MD, megacommand is now perfectly tight with an external midi Clock on port 2 to run the MD with. (It fits perfect under Pro tools here, haven’t run ableton i guess it’s the same).
I’ve been trying this some months ago and it wasn’t well synchronised, now it is!! & that’s really GREAT!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

probably related to the MIDI clock phase reset bug fix. The MD doesn’t reset the clock phase on start, but all other MIDI devices seem to.

Yes, the only thing is it Plays/Pause on MD each time you play/Stop on DAW. So the pattern on the MC stay where it was in the sequence. To make it Start from beginning of the pattern you have to go back with the backward transport with daw.
It’s totally usable this way, yeah! :+1:

In fact this play/pause behavior is totally normal, it follows the playing grid of the daw. :smile:

The way i have my setup is i arrange in Bitwig, but i would like to be able to send start/stop to the MCL if possible, to be able to stop a drumloop in a track break and start it up again when i need to.
With just the MD i know how to, but what is the procedure with megacommand?

Also, i am glad that MnM now is working with the MCL but if i want my DAW as clock and note source with MD and MnM plugged in to the same MCL, is this possible?

Afaik it is not, I’ve encountered a similar problem within my hardware setup… I am not quite sure about the options you have with the USB port on the MCL. But I’ve heard about another ‘free’ expansion port within the MCL, maybe an option in the long run?!

I’m eventually gonna throw Hiduino on it just to see if it works. All of my own personal projects use teensy boards which mitigate this OTB. Even went as far at looking at teensy breakout boards that adapt mega/due shields, but I’m sure it’s more than that.
Mostly for me and my current live setup, the MD is the only piece that still uses actual midi cables. Everything else is USB. Lotta work to chop out a Roland UMone.

Personally I’m surprised we haven’t seen anyone use the expansion ports yet…I have something on a breadboard at the moment using 1 of them to see if it’s worth pursuing it.

Wouldn’t a midi merger or thru box on the MCL midi ports 1 going to the MD and MnM work with midi ports 2 going to the daw?

Edit: shitty diagram

Edit 2: thinking after posting diagram, might break peering on the MnM?

I think as soon as you Plug in a merger or thru into the ‘in-1’ of mcl you’ll loose turbo midi as well… at least that happened as I tried this, + some peering issues.

++ I think the secondary device, in this case the MnM, is supposed to be connected with both, in-2 and out-2, in order to get all features

Most likely; i think we will have to wait for Justin to clear this up. :thinking:

Try adding hiduino. Again. Dunno if it works and you’ll have to add a 3rd USB port in the code. Dunno how much Justin and yadli have tested it on the mcl

What are you guys trying to do exactly?

Regarding USB_MIDI, would still need to modify the MIDICtrl core to listen and process to incoming MIDI data on the serial port.

1 Like

What are you guys trying to do exactly?

I guess a midi mux:

r------[MD]
PC ---[MC]---<
              L------[MnM]
3 Likes

Who’s in for a test run! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like