MegaCommand // MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

Ha, yeah that’s it. Maybe we can improve the graphic at 1/8.

1 Like

Dont know if limitation or Bug. Setup:

• MC In1/Out1 <-> MD In/Out
  • faderbank in/Out <-> MC in2/Out2

I can successfully send data from my faders into the MC forwarding these onto MD (Midi FWD 2->1). Sadly I couldnt find a way to get Midi information out of Out Port 2 in order to enjoy full integration (midi-learn, updating faders) of the faderbank.
Is this due to the fact that Midi can only be FWD’d in one direction?
Would a Midi Chain in MC (in2->out1->In1->Out2) be possible?

Currently that’s the only setting we support. I’ll put bi-directional forward on the list.

2 Likes

@Mbang : Here is MCommand on MD + MM2 (audiothingies), routed in my mix table (Sound only, no Video sorry)

3 Likes

The 3.10 User Manual is released:

Just spent the last week working on this. The only time I’ve had free since finishing the new MCL and MD firmwares.

Please share with anyone you know that has a MegaCommmand and is running 3.x

I made a number of changes to the manual to reflect the new firmware features and functionality. I’ve added some diagrams and hopefully improved the layout and comprehension of each section.

MCL Documentation 3.10

12 Likes

The irony of not spelling comprehension correctly :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Cheers to you for all the work! :beers:

1 Like

Fantastic, thank you thank you thank you!
I´ts funny and sort of amazing to see the beta firmware spreading through the layers of owners that don´t have a megacommand and don´t even know that it exists. :slight_smile:
You guys have done the MD lovers a huge favour for making this a reality and deserve our highest respect and gratitude! :gift_heart:

Thanks very much again!

Shaking off the rust, been a while since i’ve tried to play “live”

(MCL + MDX.04)

(MCL + A4 + MDX.03)

10 Likes

Thank you Justin, fantastic manual. Those diagrams are a major help.

Afar from is a deep track, a real joy - you still got it man. Time to get back out and play some live shows, my friend.

1 Like

Definitely something I would like to do again. There’s quite a bit of work ahead to get to back there.

1 Like

Hi all. I’m jumping in quite late; I would like to hook a MegaCommand to my updated (thanks !!!) MD. So checking here what my options are to get hold of a MegaCommand :slight_smile: I’m not a tech guy, but I can use my hands. I checked out the components list on Git to build it, but it made me scratch my head where to start. So if someone could guide me a bit of help, that would be super sweet.

The components list on GitHub has part numbers for ordering from Mouser. You’d also need to get the PCB printed, and a couple of bits that aren’t on Mouser (the Arduino board and screen, I think Edit: SD card reader and screen). And of course you need a soldering iron to assemble it.

But it was a lot easier for me, as I got a set of all the pieces from mbang (thanks!) so I just need to solder it. Some people sometimes sell fully assembled kits, which is even easier.

1 Like

Hi PofM, thanks for answering. Indeed, if someone has a kit for sale, or even an assembled MC, I’m all in.

I’m also a little late to the party, but now that I’m aware of the MegaCommand, I would love to build one for myself.
I’m prepared to order the minimum run of 5x boards from PCBWay, but before I do, does anyone have any spare boards that I could purchase instead?
Based in the UK and would prefer local shipping :smiley:

Hey PofM, what´s up dude. :slight_smile:
Regarding what´s on mouser and what´s not - they sell the arduino board, it´s a Mega 2560 R3. The do not sell the screen, and they do not sell the sd card reader latest i checked. If you need those items, screen comes from BuyDisplay (in Hong Kong i think) and reader from Thonk in the UK.

Just FYI.

1 Like

I have couple extra PCBs. Pm me shipping details.

@micabeza Hey! Im new here so I can’t send a PM yet, I am interested in getting a PCB so I can build myself one of these. Any other way I get in touch?