MegaCommand // MCL 4.51

MCL 4.42 released: :alien:

8 Likes

Thank you Justin.

Woohoo finally got access to a 3d printer again. I should have about 3 or 4 MCL’s to sell in the next month or so. This orange is just a test print, testing the organic supports etc. do people want a different color than orange? Gonna put in an order for different colors soon.

2 Likes

MCL 4.43 released: :floppy_disk:

Fixes MIDI SDS sample upload.

6 Likes

Got a few PCBs left, was going to save for my alu cases but delayed i build my normal units. Pm me if interested.

2 Likes

Hello, im new here, but got a machinedrum sps1 from the start. Its the mk1, so yes i found out about the megacommand! What a great looking project. Respect for all the work!
I got one, Now at version 4.43. MD at x.08
But what a hell! Sorry to say.
No good sync anymore,
i can not find the recorded steps in the sps?! I hear them, but can not change it.
Also i can not realtime record in MD?!
It also does nog save a thing i do. (Sometimes, but i dont understand when)
Also some tracks are getting out of sync independently??! YES? For instance, My snare starts ‘walking out of sync’)
it sometimes peers, sometime not. And i did not changed the time or something. Sounds like it struggles with the data🤷‍♂️
And now after tonight?!?!! I can not record anymore??! I don’t understand it? I disconnected all, did a restart. And my MD wont go in to recordmode? And i can not change to a other pattern anymore. Then i have to factory reset before i can do anything?
I have it for 12 weeks now. No love here! I try to check some video’s?! But al are minimal. Asked the guy who made it to help,no reaction yet.
I just want 64steps and probability to work stable. But this takes away al of the fun…

i am really interested in how much of my terror is because of my human error?! :wink:
And if someone can use this stable on stage?!
For now, I would shit myself.
I always hope the diy gets better by time. And mostly do, but now after waiting and testing, i lose hope. Can anyone tell me if you can really use this in a liveset??! Or is it not reliable anymore?!

Im so sorry to drop the bomb here, but i can not believe this works well?
Or is it only the MK1
What are the tricks?! Is there someone how can tell me whats wrong? Or am i right?!
Or was there a moment in updates it worked better? Why are there no videos of it working in a liveset? Or where to find it?

Anyway, im start hating the machindrum because of the MCL. I spend money on it, and it takes me further away of making music than i ever had.
I really hope someone have time to help me, or buy my MCL of me, so i can forget this part.
Thinking about, trying to de-bug this already makes me sad… but if i can use my machine with 64steps and save it, and also in sync, i can smile again.
Or anyone a UW for sell? :wink:
Sorry for the rant, thanks for your time.
Love the project, just gate my life ;p
Have a good day, :v:

try setting turbo midi on the mcl to 4X

Hey, thanks!
I try it now… nope. It starts sometimes on time, mostly totally off…
I wish i could send a video. Its crazy. No logic where it starts, somewhere around the first step​:sweat_smile::roll_eyes:.
But this did not change it unfortunately…
:v:

Can you list your mcl midi settings?

So problem solve mode:

Does md work in standalone/extended mode as expected?
When it peers with MCL do both EXT+Classic LEDS come on?
Have you tried the two midi in out connection with different cables?

Midi settings (for basic connection on port 1 IO removing port 2 stuff to avoid conflicts) which are working for me on mk1:

PORT CONFIG
TURBO 1 : 4X

SYNC
CLOCK REC: 1
TRAN REC: 1

Yes, here we go;
(I got my external midi-in comming in to midi2, machine connected tru midi1 in/out)

Port config: turbo 1,2 and usb on 4x
Driver2: Elekt
Ctrl port 2
Ps, when i am in this menu,and want to leave it by pressing ‘no’, it freezes and peers again? Than i can press the ‘no’ again and go back.

Sync: clock and trans recv: both on 2
Sends all off

Route: midi1 fwd: 2
Midi2 fwd: off
Usb fwd: off
Cc loop: off

Program: prg mode: basic, but als tried adv
Prg in/out: — —

MD midi: chro chan: int
Poly chan: - -
Trig chan: int

I think this is it
:slight_smile:thank man for checking with me!

let’s see if we can get it peered and synced standalone before introducing ext midi first.

try changing sync: clock and trans to 1

port 2 should be X1 and gener if it’s just a midi controller.

if you were trying to launch it via midi from port 2 this would’ve caused issues unless it was an A4 or MnM (elektron device with turbo functionality)

Oke, i just did,
I press play, and now i hear sounds, but there is nothing in the stepeditor.

Ow and i use an analog 4 to start :wink:

extended and enhanced are separate.

load a blank pattern in extended mode, then go back to enhanced.

Ahh, the mode light were both on? So now on extended, and i can see my steps again.

My man! So extended and enhanced are two worlds? :exploding_head:
I think my brain did not get that jet😅

So now to link to midi?
I got that A4 :wink:

So if you want A4 to be clock source
PORT1 4X
PORT 2 8X + elektron driver. (a4 will need to be connected to in and out port 2)

sync : clock 2 trans 2

routing
midi 1 fwd : 2
midi 2 fwd : off

(i think think this is right but i don’t use this setup, so the FWD stuff might need some adjustment)

you could just use the midi out from a4 into the port 2 in, but then set the port to 1X and generic.

Whoop! Yes this seems to work😘
Only it changes my outputs to L/R everytime. I read something about it… but not really clear, because i dont use the MCL box internally,…

1 Like

yes, your global routing is now replaced by routing settings per row, page 3 MCL menu.

bank group + trig 3

So when i see a ‘square’ its tru L/R main. and otherwise (c or d,…) i select the track per output?