MegaCommand // MCL 4.51

Hello everyone!

I have a quick question regarding how the MCL handles MIDI notes for Tonal tracks.

If I’m using a MIDI track on the OT to sequence a Tonal track, wouldn’t the MIDI notes in a bassline interfere with the other tracks on the MD?

Can one trigger other tracks as usual, while also having a bassline programmed for a Tonal track?

None of the sequencer data will be stored on the MD; it’ll all be stored on the MIDI Tracks of the OT and then sent over to the MD.

Any info appreciated!

1 Like

Can someone explain how TrigGroups, mentioned on page 62 and 63 of the manual, are set up by the user?

There’s no way to preview the waveform in realtime. You have to “render” it and have it sent to a sample slot in the MD for preview.

2 Likes

This is the Trig Grouping as specified in the Kit Editor on the MD.

If you have one track configured to trigger another, they will treated as part of the same sound.

2 Likes

Oh, thanks. I guess I could have tried that out. Didn’t remember what it was called in the MD manual.

I can’t figure out how to edit user waveforms in the WAV designer. The manual mentions something about the “MD TI” but I don’t know what that means. Turning Encoder 4 also doesn’t seem to do anything and the display is different from the manual, no points to edit.

TI means Trig Interface, or trig keys. If the Sine Waveform is chosen you can add additional harmonics using the trig keys on the MD and rotating Encoder 4 to adjust their relative volume.

Some old GIFs:

Jul-31-2018 16-44-08

Jul-31-2018 16-43-23

7 Likes

Thanks for clarifying that.

Think I found a bug: I was able to make a waveform and transfer it, but the sample doesn’t loop. Just a very short bleep comes from preview in MD Sample Manager and ROM machines. Tried it with user waveforms only so far.

1 Like

confirming this. waveform looping not happening in current version.

3 Likes

Live recording seems to have quite a bit of lag compared to live trig drumming when not recording.

Record Quantize enabled?

I’ve been having this lag while recording unquantized.

So in order to add swing you need to apply it manually with microtiming?
Are you planning on adding the swing function in a future update?

3 Likes

Any update on when new stock is coming? I’ve been checking regularly but only seen ‘out of stock’. Thanks!

Next week :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Guys, I am scratching my head to understand how the grid system works and how to control the grid with the bank/pattern buttons.

Can anyone help?

Bug:

Trigs copied from one track to another don’t have any p-locked params.

Steps:

1. Copy a single trig with a bunch of p-locked params from one track and paste it into another track.

2. Hold the pasted trig to confirm that no p-locks were copied.

It was actually seamless, don’t know why I was getting stuck

1 Like

Hey @JustinValer

Great work on 4.0. I see that you’ve added the ability to load samples directly from the sd card. I have a noobish question - how can I load samples from my Computer to the sd card of the Megacommand

1 Like

Order placed!! Very excited about this :sunglasses:

Hello, @JustinValer
first thanks so much for that wonderful piece of gear : I just received it a couple of days ago and it is really a major upgrade to the MD!

Edit :
As I am working a lot with odd time signatures (3/4, 12/8, 7/8, 11/8, 13/8 etc), I feel the need for corresponding quantization values when loading slots : would it be possible to have access to all values between 1 and 64 instead of just powers of 2? (like “LEN” on the A4 for the master length of a pattern).
When loading with “QUANT” set to “–” some or all of the newly loaded slots are sometimes completely out of sync… (even if all the slots have the same length).
Even for common time signature like 3/4 or 12/8 this would be very useful if not essential!

I noticed that the sync problem comes from the fact that empty slots have by default a length of 16 steps. And even empty they are running in background. Thus when playing sequences that are NOT 16 steps long, a new slot loaded on a track that was playing an empty slot is starting at a “transition interval” that is a multiple of 16 step when “QUANT” is set to “–”.
So depending of the number of times the sequence was playing may or may not stay in sync!
A trick to avoid that would be to have all slots of each row filled with equal length sequences, even empty if necessary. I tried it and it works but it makes the grid confusing, without speaking of the time-consuming process of filling the grid with empty slots before starting to work…

2 Likes