MegaCommand // MCL 4.51

I seem to be unable to use MIDI channels 7-16 on Port 2 / Grid Y. Has anyone else run into this? Notes coming in - even though there is a track that’s had channel 7-16 assigned to it via the Piano Roll Track Menu - aren’t recorded or forwarded.

Bug Confirmed. :bug:

2 Likes

Parameter locks are not supported currently on the PianoRoll. The PianoRoll page feature automation editing with MIDI CC Learn and Recording.

2 Likes

I’m not quite sure if I’ve missed something but often times when entering trigs and dialing in pitch values, and then removing the trigs the pitch values still persist.

A few days ago I encountered a situation in which I didn’t have any trigs placed and it still fired the first step of the first track. I did restart the device but the problem didn’t go away, nor was I able to locate the issue.

Any ideas on what I might be missing here?

This behaviour is different to the MD. Because the sequencer supports trigless locks, parameter locks are persistent when removing trigs.

To clear a step of locks, use [ Trig ] + [ Clear ] combo.

8 Likes

Okay gotcha, thank you!!

I’m starting to really like the MCL after months of letting it collecting dust (I tend to be very careful when adding stuff to my workflow).

Unfortunately I having a lot of issues with syncing to Ableton. I use a Blokas Midihub as a Midi interface since it’s the most reliable I have in terms of midi latency.

Anyway the MCL seems to be all over the place in terms of transport position. I can start on 1.1.1 several times and I’ll get random results every time.

Weirdly when I use my Octatrack as a master sequencer I have no issues at all.

I’m wondering if a clock from a DAW is just too unstable for it. Ableton compensate a lot of things due to all the DSP treatment that don’t have fixed latency

Which MCL version are you running?

1 Like

X.05C with an MCL at 4.0.3.
Oh I didn’t see there was a 4.04 version that fixed the external sync. I’m gonna try that !

Your fix on 4.04 seems to fix the problem.
I’ll see how it pan out in the long run.

Also before that I tried using the OT out sync (while it’s receiving Ableton m’a sync) and it made it more reliable.

Looking like I’m in the market for one of these bad boys now, everything looks amazing. Just in time for Marcus to stop building and the actual store to be out of stock! ha!

Anyone in UK build? Or how regularly do they get restocked on MegaCMD.com?

Also, does it have sound transfer ability? i.e. so I can transfer samples from computer to MC? I can’t see it in the docs but definitely worth asking as that would be a game changer.

(as I write the game changer part I realise it’s doubtful as that would be shouted about a fair amount I imagine)

Excited to get it!

Yep you can copy audio files to the SD card and access these from within MCL.
(I believe there’s future considerations for access via usb connection so you don’t have to remove the memory card, but don’t quote me on that)

1 Like

Ah I see! That’s still a lot quicker than the midi transfer!

The joys of arduinos/open source stuff. If they added that functionality it would be so good.

Should be new stock around late January.

2 Likes

Same here, had to load the Y-Grid parts a 2nd time or load after loading x-Grid groups. Then everthing was there.

Questions i have:
How to edit midi notes probability in piano roll?
How to edit the length of an already set note in the piano roll or is it just delete and set with new lenght?

MD Accent, Slide, Swing are no more functional because of extended functions of MCL?

Had the following strange effect/bug occuring:
Setup a 3 step ext midi track with equal note length. After edit to reverse the last note was half cut and placed in the middle of the step. So the the seq line was messed up. Reverse again everything was in place again. Another reverse same last step hickup.

How to edit midi notes probability in piano roll?

In PianoRoll hold < Shift > to open the track menu. Scroll down to “Cond”, to set the trig condition for entered notes.

How to edit the length of an already set note in the piano roll or is it just delete and set with new lenght?

Highlight the note with the cursor, delete it, then add it again at desired length.

MD Accent, Slide, Swing are no more functional because of extended functions of MCL?

Accent and swing are not available. Slide is there.

3 Likes

this might be one of the most understated MCL additions.
trigless trigs on machinedrum…!? takes a while to adjust to but changes everything, so many sound design opportunities.

7 Likes

Yeah, that is very true. My use of MD is still pretty much entry level stuff and I haven’t explored these kind of functions properly yet. It’s nice know that this is an improvement instead of potentially some kind of hiccup on my device.

Just getting to grips with my new MC - absolutely brilliant Justin - but found a possible bug.

Using the external sequencer tracks, through the piano roll, these will only accept incoming midi on Channels 1-6. If I set say track 01 to channel 9, it will transmit fine on channel 9, but won’t receive any incoming midi.

Maybe intentional, but I just spent a morning flashing firmware on my SV-1 because I thought its midi out was wonky :joy:

i dont use the external tracks much, but aren’t they set to 1-6 by default for the A4 settings?

See above. it’s a known bug. I’ve fixed it for the next release.

4 Likes