Megabreak of Doom for Digitakt

Adapted for DT.
Hope to be able make a video some day.

One bar track
Plock each sample at each step (16 steps)
Tempo 159
Press and Hold start Start button, turn it.

From @wascal** idea for Octatrack, here are its files I modified for DT.
64 loops / slices originally. I kept 30. Press Start button to get 0, 4, 8, 16, 24…116 values.

Files needed :

Don’t hesitate to ask if it’s not clear, sounds wrong…

Original Megabreak of Doom
**Octatrack 64 breakbeat x 16 slices megabreak of doom:

1 Like

I think they sold you an AR as a Digitakt :upside_down_face:

Thanks for sharing!

For all who don’t really want to have terror breakbeats - I suppose it’s also transferable for other genres? Boombap? Anything I need to know for creating such chains for different BPMs?

2 Likes

I cut it. :content:

@Abhoth Octachainer, Megabreak mode, and preferably 30 loops at the same bpm.

I wonder if it wouldn’t be better using regular loops and modulate slots…:thinking:

1 Like

This is it man. When you time stretch, your loops are all playing in parallel in memory and as long as they’re similar in length you can jump between sample slots seamlessly. I love to load up a bunch of 1 bar amen resamples next to each other in RAM then scan through them randomly with the second LFO. program a couple p-lock fills, do live fills on top, and you’ve got Endless jungle!

Then the second LFOs multiplier changes how often you move sample slots. Could be once per bar or once per 1/32nd note. You’re in control, and it’s all perfectly in time with the sequencer! This is effectively as close to a “slicing” mode as we’ll ever get.

4 Likes

Yep, that’s exactly what I was doing.
But I plocked start points. Very accurate.
Have to test with lfo again.

Megabreak advantage : many loops can be loaded with less slots.

2 Likes