Meetup: Superbooth 24, @earlybirds: Let's get ready and prepare for the event!

See you there guys, yay!

1 Like

I’ve just seen the program and I’m definitely going Friday and maybe also Saturday

Last year was my first and I loved it. Pure synth indulgence. Friendly laid back atmosphere in a calm location

Tips: wear very comfortable shoes (I did…my friend didn’t), bring cash as the food sales are usually cash only, bring cash to pay for the cloakroom/baggage storage and tip them generously.

I’m up for any form of meet-up even if just to stare silently at each other, nod and say cheerio :wink:

6 Likes

Same! So looking forward to it.

This year I’ll be going on Friday. Looking forward to any meet-ups or such!

1 Like

Wait, this is taking place in Europe? I haven’t used cash in months

Germany’s gonna Germany. A friend of mine works at a pharmaceutical company. When they recently stopped the option to receive your entire salary in cash, there was a revolt. Those people now go to the bank the same day as they’re paid out and get it all out of the system.

I get it though - privacy concerns, mistrust of big tech and worries about turmoil that the country has had its fair share of in the past.

On topic - will be my first Superbooth as well. Planning to be there Friday and maybe a bit Thu evening or Sat morning.

4 Likes

Last time I was in Munich I learned I need to bring cash. Comparably in Poland next door, I rarely go out with a wallet these days. Even use a digital national ID now so it’s just the phone in the pocket. Think it comes down also to credit versus debit. Spent 15 years in the US and most people are incentivized at a young age to purchase on credit. Don’t get me started on the whole credit history thing and how it’s been normalized as some rite of passage that you need to build up to be an upstanding citizen. That’s one of the differences with a country like Germany. At least people are paying with something behind it.

2 Likes

If memory serves me well, cash is only required in the food cart / kiosk locations in the “Bungalowdorf”. These are temporary, set up for the event. The cafeteria at the FEZ building and the restaurant nearby accept card payments, I believe?

Food & drinks wise, the setup is similar to a concert, especially at the peak hours when everyone feels hungry or willing to enjoy a beer. Cash is fast and not reliant on wireless connectivity, passing das Gerät to enter your pin number, sorry your card isn’t being accepted, etc.

When it comes to use of cards in Germany, I guess it depends? Where I live and especially since the COVID phase, even the bakery in the corner asks to please pay your 1.80€ bread purchase with “contact-less” card if possible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As long as there is currywurst, I’m covered.

3 Likes

I decided not to go unfortunately. Gonna miss out on a lot of fun. :disappointed:

There are still a few rooms left at the Loginn hotel near the airport which looked nice and wasn’t that expensive. I mostly use trip.com to get the cheapest price.

1 Like

Colin Benders will perform Thursday night at Berghain so right after day 1 of Superbooth. Assuming he’ll bring his massive modular rig this should be something to behold!

4 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation! Got a ticket.

1 Like

If you’re in Berlin a day early we’re throwing a little (free) party at 8MM Bar in Prenzlauerberg :slight_smile:
Kyoka and Aho Ssan are playing live and we got a handful of great DJ sets too!

19 Likes

Just bought a ticket for Friday the 17th…

Cool! I will be there. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Will be there

1 Like

I’m arriving very late on the 15th around midnight :confused: but see you all at sb! Enjoy the party!

1 Like

Oh you can still make it, the bar is open until 2AM :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I fly into Berlin @ 11:10pm and then need to get checked into my hotel, so I don’t think I’ll manage to swing it.

Will Fors have a booth @ the show? I’d love to say hi and just nerd a bit.

1 Like