Meetup: Superbooth 24, @earlybirds: Let's get ready and prepare for the event!

5/5 Stars Elekton User! :wink:

1 Like

Hereā€™s last years schedule, which Iā€™ve just looked at for the first time, which is super packed: Archive 2023 - SUPERBOOTH24

It looks like Iā€™m going to have to stay on the ball and get into the building workshops early if I want to do any. I bet theyā€™re super popular.

1 Like

GPT4 got the plan. :smiley: btw. not sure about the superbooth app.

Creating an event weekend schedule for attending the Superbooth in Berlin from May 17th to May 19th, 2024, involves several steps. Letā€™s assume youā€™re interested in maximizing your experience at the event, which is a leading trade fair for electronic musical instruments and music production, with a combination of product presentations, workshops, and performances. Hereā€™s a suggested schedule that balances time at the event with exploring Berlinā€™s rich cultural landscape:

Thursday, May 17th, 2024 - Day 1: Arrival and Superbooth Kickoff

• Morning:
    • Arrival in Berlin.
    • Check into your accommodation.
    • Grab a quick breakfast at a local cafĆ©.
  • Late Morning to Afternoon:
    • Head to the Superbooth venue (typically at FEZ-Berlin).
    • Register and collect your pass.
    • Attend the opening ceremony and keynote speeches.
  • Afternoon:
    • Explore the exhibition halls.
    • Attend product demonstrations and hands-on sessions with new gear.
  • Evening:
    • Enjoy live performances scheduled for the first day of Superbooth.
    • Network with fellow attendees at the event.
  • Late Evening:
    • Dinner at a restaurant known for local Berlin cuisine.

Friday, May 18th, 2024 - Day 2: Deep Dive into Superbooth

• Morning:
    • Breakfast at a cafĆ© near your accommodation.
    • Attend workshops of interest (booking in advance might be required).
  • Afternoon:
    • Continue exploring different exhibitors and product launches.
    • Participate in Q&A sessions with experts and artists.
  • Evening:
    • Attend special performances or off-site events associated with Superbooth.
    • Explore Berlinā€™s nightlife: consider visiting a club or a live music venue.

Saturday, May 19th, 2024 - Day 3: Superbooth and Berlin Sightseeing

• Morning:
    • Visit any remaining exhibitors or workshops at Superbooth.
    • Engage with product developers, providing feedback or asking questions.
  • Afternoon:
    • Check out of your accommodation.
    • Explore Berlinā€™s cultural sights: the Berlin Wall Memorial, Brandenburg Gate, and Museum Island.
  • Evening:
    • Have an early dinner at a restaurant with views of the city.
    • Head to the airport for departure or to your accommodation if extending your stay.

General Tips:

• Preparation:
    • Book accommodations and Superbooth tickets well in advance.
    • Download the Superbooth app for updates and scheduling.
    • Plan your visit around the workshops or talks you donā€™t want to miss.
  • Getting Around:
    • Consider purchasing a Berlin WelcomeCard for unlimited public transport and discounts on attractions.
    • Berlin is bike-friendly; consider renting a bike for local travel.

This schedule is a template and can be adjusted based on your specific interests, the final event schedule, and personal preferences. Ensure to check the Superbooth official website for the latest updates on the event schedule, featured exhibitors, and performance line-ups to tailor your visit accordingly.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t stayed there myself yetā€¦ I just made a mental note last year when I was thereā€¦ I got off the train from Berlin there on the Fri morning of SB to grab some fruit and suppliesā€¦ thatā€™s when I came up with this plan to stay around there. :grinning:
There seemed to be enough in the way of cafes, restaurants, convenience stores, etc.

1 Like

Another thing Iā€™m hoping to see at this years Superbooth is MIDI controllers with motorised pots/encoders/faders like we see on the NINA synth or the M4 module by DMMDM. Could be a wonderful feature and the missing link that brings MIDI controllers to the next level. :slight_smile:
Itā€™s not gonna be cheap but I could image a MIDI controller at around 1000/1500,- price mark that has basically all the flexibility you might want.

Something like this as a MIDI controller would be instant buy for me.

2 Likes

For some the first time be like:

Day 1: Wow this is pretty big.
Day 2: I think Iā€™ve been here before but Iā€™ve no clue how I got here?!
Day 3: Ah I think I understand where I am nowā€¦ Nope Iā€™m lost again.

Novation is on the list now. I want to believe thereā€™s something new coming. Itā€™s been too damn quiet over there. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, hoping for a circuit proā€¦ :smiley:

3 Likes

I hope they do and do it right this time around. Personally I felt that Novation didnā€™t understand why the first Circuit was such a major succes and lost it when they released the Tracks and Rhythm. It felt more like a money grap than the upgrade users hoped for. Although I do feel the kissing up to Novation by the youngsters and letting them getting away with claims like ā€œno display is great cause blablablaā€ didnā€™t put any pressure on Novation to do better either. Novation could make an extremely well designed circuit that blows most groove boxes away so why arenā€™t they?

If they wanted to save development time maybe they could do a deal with Synthstrom and make a more commercial version of the deluge.

I think Iā€™m joining this year! Can anyone who attended give some insights about the event? Is it worth it? How cool is that? And is one day ticket enough?

2 Likes

It depends. Thereā€™s a lot of gear and the place is kinda a labyrinth, there a lot of performances planned and (i hope) great food stands and chill places. For most I think 1 day is enough.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be going for 3 days but Iā€™m also gonna shoot a lot of video and record stuff. Last time was 3 or 4 years ago already. Iā€™ve missed it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got my 3 day pass in November. Will be staying in Berlin. Hope to see more of you there and down for any meetups.

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m looking at plane tix and accomodation, and it would come out quite expensive for me.

For anyone who has been, can you recommend it? How were the workshops and panels? Iā€™m not interested in partying.

All in all, would it be worth it to you to use 3 days of holiday and spend 1000 EUR+ for it all inclusive?

We took the plunge! See you there!

5 Likes

Nice going @Gral_Kerkila

Iā€™m definitely gonna go for at least 1 day, depending on the live program.
Iā€™m up for hooking up at some point during the festivities if people are interested in that.

2 Likes

They put their launchpads on sale and I grabbed a mini for $80. Should have it tomorrow. Thatā€™s almost a sure sign that they will be releasing new ones.

Novation is awesome. They make so many great pieces of gear.

1 Like

Novation wake up!

Yeah, a battery powered, bluetooth, launchpad/key with 3.5 trs & usb midi would be really great.

3 Likes