MD 909 released - (909 & 303 DrumPack for Machinedrum)

Purchased! Looking forward to trying that one out!

Nice to see a 909-inspired track setup as discussed several times in this forum :wink: accent/no accent/accent/no accent…

but now I have to try it out first :slight_smile:

EDIT: GREAT sound, very convincing! these kits might all you need (drum-wise) for a whole live set.

Absolutely brilliant kit…thanks man…perfect!

Are you going to release a non-UW version?

Nice to see a 909-inspired track setup as discussed several times in this forum accent/no accent/accent/no accent…

This actually came about serendipitously. When I was designing the sounds, I realised early on that most of them would require an additional track to get the transient right. I then took inspiration from the 909 layout, which is pretty obvious. I didn’t realise other members on the forum were also taking to this approach :slight_smile:

That was my original intention, but I cannot guarentee that I will release it.
We will have to see how I go for time. I started to go a little bit crazy towards the end of programming this, obsessing about the smallest of details.

Bought it now.
I haven’t compared it to my original 909 but I like it a lot.
Obviously it’s not a “perfect” clone but it sounds really good!

I would go starting with this suggestion you can find in tIB’s compiled Machinedrum Tips and Tricks:

Try an e12 rim shot with hi retrig with slow timing. Some other tweaks and some echo too. Go to the filter and give it a high q. Turn the filtf or filtw and the sound goes from brain-rumbling to 303 style squeeks.

I would add that slow timing, for me, meant: fast retriggering (low values)

1 Like

Sounds nice, well done! Just purchased! Though the site says:

“Server is under heavy load. Please try again in a few seconds.”

Well well, maybe get some sleep then, trying again tomorrow.

Thanks Joel,

I’ve just emailed you the MD909 Kit.

• Justin

Thanks a lot! I´ll post my thoughts later.

I bought this on the weekend too, very nice work JV :slight_smile:

Wow I loaded this up today after spending an hour trying to figure out how to… Think I finally got my head around snapshots , sample banks and the whole sample manger thing… It sounds fantastic and this will help with my own programming as I had a quick look at how some of the sounds were being done…

Justin you use the INPmachine a lot triggering other machines and I suspect for the snap transient… Also noticed a lot of LFO modl’g volume with fast rate and lots of depth triggered every note… Had I had this when I first got my MD I think my pattern and sound programming would of improved much faster…

Anyone installing this do a sysex back up prior… This pack does not do any harm but I did lose my stuff as this pack over wrote it as I did not specify the kit location…

Justin thanks and I will be using this in my Live Pa if anyone gives me a chance to play…

Happy to buy at current exchange rate so you get $10.75 from an Aussie :joy:

These boxes all need some meat and potatoes sounds like these. Ultra glitch and Cenk’s demos are fine but sometimes you want straight classic sounds.

Thanks Justin!

Just bought this… The demo sounds amazing !

Purchased my MD-UW+ MKII this week, so this comes in just in time.

Thanks a lot <3

Take the time to see how it is all put together this way you will get to lnow jow to program your new purchase…

Take the time to see how it is all put together this way you will get to know how to program your new purchase…[/quote]
Excellent advice, will do that :slight_smile:
Though I find the MD the most immediate of all my Elektron boxes (A4, OT, MD), I feel there’s a lot of subtility in sound making.
Actually, in 2 days I was feeling really at home on the MD, but I’m still not comfortable with the OT more than 4 months after the purchase.
So much depth !

Take the time to see how it is all put together this way you will get to know how to program your new purchase…[/quote]
Excellent advice, will do that :slight_smile:
Though I find the MD the most immediate of all my Elektron boxes (A4, OT, MD), I feel there’s a lot of subtility in sound making.
Actually, in 2 days I was feeling really at home on the MD, but I’m still not comfortable with the OT more than 4 months after the purchase.
So much depth ![/quote]
That is the thing that i love about the MD it’s intutitve ease of use and amount of hands on control… It is my first hardware sequencer and by far the easiest to use…

Please release your non UW version! I don’t mind if the hats aren’t perfect.

Purchased!

Or completely absent if he doesn’t want to put his name on it without a certain level of accuracy.