MD 909 released - (909 & 303 DrumPack for Machinedrum)

Sorry, don’t mean to hi jack the thread but I noticed in the video at 00.31, that two machines are triggered by pressing just one?! How is that achieved?

Nice work by the way!

Thanks in advance…

In the “Kit Edit” menu there is a submenu entitled “Relate”. Here you can set a track to trig or mute another track every time it is triggered.

1 Like

The individual analog drum circuits of the TR-909 are triggered by a digital pulse, from the sequencer cpu. In addition to triggering the instruments, the pulse wave becomes part of the sound and is responsible for the initial punch/transient.
In the MD-909 kit the IMP Machines are used to emulate that pulse behaviour, but also some of the instruments required additional LFOS, which is why most sounds have two tracks
LFO routed to volume replaces the inbuilt volume envelopes, of the MD Machines. Sometimes this was necessary because I found the inbuilt volume envelopes too short and clicky, or I required greater control over the volume envelope for the duration of the instrument.

I’m glad you like the kit.
Thanks for the support!

1 Like

Or completely absent if he doesn’t want to put his name on it without a certain level of accuracy. [/quote]
Just out of curiosity. What’s stopping you from loading the current UW Kit, into your SPS-1 without the samples?

1 Like

Or completely absent if he doesn’t want to put his name on it without a certain level of accuracy. [/quote]
Just out of curiosity. What’s stopping you from loading the current UW Kit, into your SPS-1 without the samples?
[/quote]
I didn’t know how it would react if the sps-1 was sent a kit with a machine that it did not have. If it’s not an issue. Problem solved. I guess I should of asked rather than assumed it was an issue.

[/quote]
I didn’t know how it would react if the sps-1 was sent a kit with a machine that it did not have. If it’s not an issue. Problem solved. I guess I should of asked rather than assumed it was an issue. [/quote]
I’m fairly certain the MDSPS-1 just ignores the incompatible syses data, those ROM machines should just show up as GND.

Do you feel like testing for me? I don’t have a non UW to confirm.

Sure. I’ll give it a test.

Thank you. Interesting how it’s easy to completely overlook these things :joy:

[/quote]
Yeah, I realized that right after I wrote it. I’m downloading it now. Thank you! Great work JustinValer!

A big thank you to JustinValer for this pack, I got hold of it yesterday and it sounds fantastic. Very well done for such painstaking synthesis! Looking forward to using it more just as soon as I work out how to keep it saved in the snapshot/samplebank! I can install it to there OK but every time I power off the MD everything disappears out of the snapshot I made for it! (I’ve only had it a few days so please forgive me if I’m missing a big trick!)

I think that is happening because you are savong to 001… Try saving to 002… Took me awjile how to figure out the savi.g structure which was by trial and error…

I have an odd request please.
I dont have a UW version, dont have the +drive, and dont like using a computer to transfer sysex.
Sooooo, would anyone be kind enough/bothered to write down all the settings of even just one drums settings (snare maybe) so I can input them myself into my MD. As I am very interested in seeing what skills have been used in making these kits.
:kiss:

Just bought mine. The transfert via C6 is achieved… I listen to… Very nice work Justin. Thx alot

I just recorded a jam with this EXCELLENT drum kit and shared it on soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/marc-und-moritz/md-909-drum-session-md-uw-only

I like the sound of it more than samples, don’t know why.

1 Like

Nice jams, thanks for sharing! Really liking this drum pack, JustinValer did a great job on it.

Thnx a lot man, great kits!

This and MD 808 have cured me completely an instantly (just from a quick listen) of growing TR-8 GAS.

AR GAS hasn’t set in yet - build a beautiful 4 Elektron shelf that is currently full, AR might replace Maschine on the other shelf if GAS builds up!

Totally awesome kits, many thanks for painstakingly recreating them.

I was wondering though, how come they require 2 banks when installing? I was ok wiping what I had on those banks, but would have prefered if it was just Kits that were being uploaded to the MD.

Any reason for the banks besides being a showcase for the sounds?

OH/

You don’t have to send across the Patterns if you don’t want them, they were there to showcase the sounds.
The MD allows you to receive just the KIT data only in the Sysex Receive menu.

1 Like

Ahhh thanks for the info. This was actually the first time I’ve transferred something to the MD with sysex - so I’m a bit new. Either way, great sounds - my TR-8 gear lust has been officially relieved :slight_smile: