Massive X

Oooooooooh!

:open_mouth:

1 Like

I went for their upgrade to Komplete 12. I had Komplete 8 previously and the price was only Ā£70! Well worth it considering Massive X was included free, just downloaded it.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Oh, yeah, thatā€™s really quite massive :smiley:

A short overview of the new structure and the new features:

Aye, so, I do think this is pretty cool but it suffers from being in a market place saturated with complex ultra-flexible and in-depth softsynths. So, Iā€™m sure that there are countless pleasurable hours to be had with it, ultimately I donā€™t have the time to sink into it right now. Too many other things software/hardware. Iā€™m still on K10 so by the time K13 comes out and then is on a sale I will probably be all over this like a sheep eating turnip. Especially if it worked out at about Ā£70!!

6 Likes

Iā€™ve never heard this expression before, but I love it

2 Likes

I donā€™t think any of my macs are new enough to run it, dated os / cpu :frowning:
I canā€™t run latest reaktor 6 either.

I need to get with ā€˜the modern stuffā€™

1 Like

Thatā€™s my plan, too ā€¦ no need to rush ā€¦ :smiley:

2 Likes

Whereā€™s The Drop button. This thing is totally useless!

3 Likes

that key switching of modulators at 4:45 is a great implementation

Might add it to my repertoireā€¦ I normally just use ā€œall over it like a fat kid on a smartieā€

Same boat here. 2009 iMac. Canā€™t afford a new Mac, so what can you do?

I can run Reaktor 6; but due to unknown reasons; installing Reaktor 6 broke XCode.

I assume because NI bundled some dependencies or something? Not sure. But I had to uninstall it quick smart, else canā€™t cut code. And obviously that is more important to me.

2 Likes

I think when they did block base and the other new thing , with the big update to 6.2 it stopped working on 10.11.6
My iMac is 10 years old , Iā€™m not surprised itā€™s out of date.
Itā€™s fine for rendering off scales , running a abl3 through fx , but I doubt it could do a proper tune .

Just about enough to run overbridge and capture 1 box , which is fine right nowā€¦

1 Like

I also enjoy ā€œlike a dog eating beetrootā€ but that only really works in a Scottish accent using ā€œdugā€ instead of ā€œdogā€.

1 Like

just watched Nick Batesā€™ review/demo of it. Looks like a preset machine to meā€¦so many options, I can imagine it will be difficult to make choices with this thing.

Sound wise, I need to try it out of course, but from what I could hear in the video, I feel Omnisphere and the u-he stuff sound better.

All in all, on first impression Iā€™m not really that excited about it. Maybe after I try it I may change my mind and be all over it like a cow on a pastureā€¦

First impression - presets sound gorgeous, but the UI doesnā€™t feel very intuitive. Need to dive into the sound-design aspect.

Quite a few people are narked that they canā€™t run it on older CPUs, including i7s.

I thought it looks really cool and very powerful.
very modular

I donā€™t know how important this kind of stuff is for practical use, but hereā€™s a sadowick vid demonstrating some pretty bad aliasing even compared to the original massive.

I guess in real world use, sounding ā€œrightā€ is the important thing
3 Likes

I was surprised to discover that Massive X wonā€™t even run on my computer, which is a 2013 Macbook Air. It requires an AVX compatible processor. Iā€™m used to graphics-intensive games not running on my computers, but soft synths is a new experience. Iā€™ll have to sit with this uncomfortable feeling for a moment.

1 Like

time to upgrade if you want wub wub wub,

3 Likes

There was a pretty robust discussion of this over on KVR and the main conclusion was that Sadowickā€™s video is flawed and what he terms as aliasing isnā€™t. Sadowick made a brief appearance saying that others were wrong without really refuting any of their points. But hide say he would come back with another video to prove his point.

As yet, thatā€™s not appeared but he does seem content to collect the clicks on the original video.

Iā€™m no expert on aliasing but my inclination on reading the various points was that Sadowick was wrong. Not that I particularly care, as Iā€™ve no idea which of my favourite synths fare well or not with regards to aliasing. The growing trend of youtubers who click bait their way to notoriety does rip my knitting somewhat.

5 Likes