Massive X

Beautifully put… :rofl:

2 Likes

I thought the current generation of harsh rubbery EDM Future Bassheads/Deadmice etc loved Aliasing for its zippery thrills and it was actually a feature :rofl:

1 Like

New video is out and it’s clearly aliasing, not that it’s particularly detrimental in real world but it’s there none the less

I hate NI Massive. It’s responsible for all that Skrillex Bro-Step crap.

3 Likes

I’m unsure what zippery thrills are and I’m conflicted about that. On the one hand, I feel like I should try it once, but on the other hand, perhaps that’s a young man’s game.

As I said, I’m no real expert and, as you say, in the real world it rarely matters. Perhaps I’ll break out the Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif and head over to KVR to see the fallout.

1 Like

Haha il see you there

1 Like

I’ll throw it into my neve MBP and smooth it out with the silk. Game over.

I understand that there’s aliasing but there’s a lot to this synth that sounds good coming out of day 1.

1 Like

As long as it sounds good, I could care less what YouTube says.

But if the aliasing denies me that 1 extra like on SoundCloud (I average about 1-2), then, “goddamit!”

2 Likes

I love NI massive. It’s responsible for the first Moderat album

7 Likes

here’s the follow up vid, for posterity.

Eh, it’s a tool, and a fairly deep one from my understanding. It’s also the main synth Disasterpeace used on Fez and Hyper Light Drifter, two of the best game soundtracks in recent memory, as well as his score for It Follows, so clearly it’s capable of a lot more than wub-wub and bass drops.

2 Likes

I think skrillex and the edm band wagon was responsible for that stuff , not massive.

Though if I’d had that amount of success I’d be happy and wouldn’t care what anyone thought on a music forum. I’d probably be flying around the world fully enjoying things.

1 Like

Do you know on which tracks and sounds they used it?

Can’t even tell you how many times I’ve been in the club when the DJ throws a song on and everybody stopped dancing and started criticising the synth aliasing

20 Likes

The video is unlisted. Very interesting!

they said in several interviews that they used it all over the place. basically every sound on that record is massive. I‘m pretty sure they created their own sounds :wink:
for moderat II they didn‘t use it at all on purpose

the modeselector guys are also huge fans of razor btw

1 Like

Yep, they used Razor for the hook on Evil Twin

Holy crap - new massive ??
pretty hard to improve on that beast.

In my opinion after playing with it for a few days it is a very disappointing release and not a patch on Avenger if you want a really semi flexible modular WT synth. I suspect they rushed it out as it was so late as it has a ton of missing basic features (such as midi learn!) and it has zero visual feedback of what’s going on- even those ADSR graphics are ‘painted on’ - they don’t change when you move the dials.

Pretty poor show from NI after all this time, I have it about 4th against the current crop of WT synths…not god for a new release from a big developer, but the Kontakt 6 was a massive disappointment also, if you excuse the pun!

5 Likes