Massive price reductions on MD(UW) and MM

Also, let us remember that the Machinedrum and Monomachine won’t be around forever.

the beginning of the end - no more production for these?

1 Like

Holy moly, those are matching the used prices.

I want a monomachine for sure, but the site is down…

Presumably.

[i]Our shelves contain too many Machinedrums and Monomachines. Simply put, we are a tad over-stocked. To remedy this we permanently lower the prices for these venerable machines.

Machinedrum UW*: 1099 EUR | 999 USD |
Machinedrum: 699 EUR | 599 USD |
Monomachine: 899 EUR | 799 USD |

To put any doubts to rest it is important to stress that the price reduction is not because of any successors being on the horizon. Also, let us remember that the Machinedrum and Monomachine won’t be around forever.

This is a great time to lay our hands on a future classic.

*No TM-1 MIDI interface bundled[/i]

what were the prices before? i thought the monomachine has been ‘sold out’ on the main site for as long as i can remember

Wow, the non-UW Machinedrum is now only slightly more expensive than a new Nord Drum 2. Damn, this makes my choices a lot harder…

I don’t know. But to take one example, Thomann currently has:
[ul]
[li]MDUW (inc TM-1) at 1549 EUR[/li]
[li]MD at 1079 EUR[/li]
[li]MM at 1299 EUR[/li]
[/ul]

mmm…a MD UW would be nice to have next to the MM…maybe one could reserve one for better times :astonished: :joy:

And I just bought a damn used MnM for around $830 LAST WEEK! So much shennanigans!!!

And I just bought a damn used MnM! So much shennanigans!!! [/quote]
I feel your pain! Look on the bright side though, if they’re really being discontinued then used prices may go up rather than down.

Agreed, and it’s not like I would have known this was coming. It would have been nice to have a new one.

Has anyone had experience with repairs from Elektron in the chance that a unit breaks?

Damn. This just rocketed the Monomachine back to the top of my list. I’ve been looking at used listings for around this price, or higher, but putting it off. Part of me was wanting one out of that “won’t be around forever” feeling and it’s just such an interesting synth.

Once these price changes are reflected in the reseller network, I think I’m going to leap.

Because I haven’t already taken too much on in regards to ‘getting and learning deep and powerful instruments’ already (machinedrum, evolver, zillion).

Just got my used machinedrum MK1 TODAY.
That is so annoying.

$599 for an MD non UW is great!
That MIDI sequencer!

I didn’t even want one until now. Not that I need it…

That was literally my first thought too…Is this sending a message that its the end of the line for the old elektron boxes soon?

Fortunately I bought a brand new MDUW+ some days before christmas for 1550 €. Hopefully my girlfriend will understand why i paid 450 Bucks for a USB-MIDI Interface.

Shame they aren’t doing this for the OT…

And nothing wrong with this but very sly from Elektron with the wording! Teasing us all that they won’t be around forever will work a treat. And I don’t believe for a second that there isn’t at least some sort of plan for a successor down the line!!!

No chance of ever having this answered but I do wonder about the mark ups for these boxes (and the newer ones). I presume they aren’t being flogged off at a loss. I guess all the R&D would have been recouped long ago so the ability to knock the price down considerably would be far easier.

Is the MD without the UW really that good? I love the idea of it, but not sure if the sampling is worth an extra $400. Are there any other differences?

Yeah!
Elektron, if you cut a price for OT I will buy a second unit for myself!

Time for me to do some homework and figure out which machine is most conducive to avant-garde music. :wink: I’m thinking Subotnick, Autechre, Merzbow…

I recall seeing a show a couple of years ago in which somebody got some awesome aggressive noise out of one of these boxes. Unfortunately, I can’t remember which one!