Massive price reductions on MD(UW) and MM

…the beginning of the end of the silver generation, still, a good opportunity for some!
Yeah, I’ve been considering a 2nd OT for a while, shame that’s not in there too.

Wonder what bearing the plethora of boutique manufacturers out there & indeed the success of the Analog series has had on this decision?

LOL !!!

u know they r not being serviced anymore? … put it back on ebay immediatly with 50 euro loss for yiou and hope for the best :slight_smile:

Their shelves contain too many Machinedrums and Monomachines ???

Strange, I was with the impression that every machine is being assembled per hand depending on demands and there is no stock quantities…

The same ‘hand’ that ignored all the chipped faceplates on the first run of Analog 4’s …

Guess who just blew this week’s synth budget on a Sub 37 a few hours prior to the announcement. Oh well… :smiley:

That ‘hand’ cant chip a countersunk tooled & brushed aluminium faceplate.

But those brushed aluminium faceplates cost a lot to manufacture

But thats what it costs to be a ‘boutique synthesiser manufacturer’

R.I.P. Silver Faceplates

All Hail Silver!!

Ha! I answered this on Muffs already :slight_smile: Didn’t realize it was to you! I feel like I’m trapped in some crazy out-of-order time stream.
Now that I just bought a goddamn monomachine, I suppose I should get back to work so I can pay off the thing.
What a day!

Thanks guys!

When I get excited, or at least have my interest piqued above average, I post on multiple forums on the same topic too, lol.

This comment on MW was also interesting.

MD is a joy to jam on, soooo fast & the CTRL ALL & Ram record machines are great. Not forgetting it can be a 16 track midi sequencer too!

The Monomachine is deep, 18 LFO’s & seperate trigs for Amp, Filter & LFO’s too, plus the bussing options, it’s a vertual modular.

Thanks for posting those videos on noise making with both machines - I’ll check them out!

My homework so far has also turned up the “MD as 32-op FM synth” demo, and the technique for using the MM’s arpeggiator to create polyrhythms. Sounds like the MM is quite a bit more flexible there.

For sampling I have the Octatrack. Hm…

Is the MD without the UW really that good? I love the idea of it, but not sure if the sampling is worth an extra $400. Are there any other differences?[/quote]
It’s at least $599 good, surely. They’ve rarely sold for so little in the 2nd hand market.

IIRC, no +Drive on the nonUW which means just one snapshot, so will have to use sysex to unload or load another snapshot.

You have a weekly synth budget? I guess you can pick up an MD next week, followed by a MnM the week after? :astonished:

Forgot to mention the Arp on the MM, Sid mode is wicked. Also you can select different pattern lengths, mute steps & set offsets with it, brilliant.
P.S I’m horrified to see that I spelt ‘Virtual’ with an ‘E’ in that last post…horrified :slight_smile:

So no MKIIIs on the horizon, but hopefully more digital goodness :wink:

Not gonna lie, I was pretty annoyed by this when I read the news this morning (I’ve gotta stay offline until I’m awake and caffeinated), since it just killed the resale value on my silver boxes if I needed to part with them, but now that I’m thinking about it more, maybe I should pick up a second Mono…

If it makes y’all feel better, when I bought my original Monomachine in August of 2007, they just released the MKII…though, I didn’t upgrade for another few years and have only upgraded to a +drive within’ the last year, or so.

Im really confused by this. I placed and order for a MD UW over a week ago for 1500$ and was told a couple days ago that they are back ordered 3-4 weeks. If they have so many that they cut 500$ off of the price to clear shelf space, then why have I paid 500$ more and not going to receive it for a month?

Ooh I like, I like - can’t listen to the full 56 min. set now but… great seller for me on the MM.

I bought my silver boxes used for way more than these prices, non +drive models, back in 2010, and my MD needed $360 of repairs a few years later…
But I also got great deals on other gear over the years (JX-3P for $60, TX81z for $80, Obie 6R for $300, Electribe ER-1 for $90 - a lot of these are gone now) so it’s just the way things go.
I’m just glad someone who didn’t quite have the budget previously, will now get to experience the silver boxes, because they’re still awesome.

I will probably follow soon. Love the noises and drones it can make
I"m glad I fought off the GAS for the Minilogue and lost interest in the ST4 after I realized I was looking at the wrong price.

Cancel your order. Once the money has been returned to your method of payment, buy it again at the lower price.
Unless of course you prefer to pay more… Some people like that kind of thing and I am pretty sure those are also the same people who enjoy S&M/B&D.
All the best.