Manifold - For The Octatrack (iOS App)

Figured as much. A man can dream, though!

1 Like

@mekholer Has the selectable MIDI port been added? I’m not sure to understand the possibilities of the app but i’d like to give it a try… without messing withthe synths already triggered by the OT :wink:

It’s on the agenda for this coming week, thanks for being patient everyone :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Can someone please upload a little demo on YouTube using manifold please?
I haven’t buy it yet but I’m interesting on the MORPH possibilities.
Their are no video on YouTube :cry:
Thx

It’s halfway done

2 Likes

Any news about the update?

I was working on it then the chaos in NYC put a hold on that…had to update Harmonix since Digitone’s new OS broke it…I will resume the Manifold update next, I’m sorry for the constant delays

7 Likes

you’ve done so much for the community already! no worries, mate!!

2 Likes

No problem, good luck!

1 Like

Finished implementing it…need to connect the OT this weekend to test and then submit early next week.

7 Likes

Update:

• Added a MIDI menu where you can select Input / Output ports
9 Likes

Well done, thanks for keeping up the good job!

1 Like

I’m trying the app since some minutes and i found out that in Slice mode if i go with the arrow towards an upper octave of the keyboard, pressing on a key from the 5th note up from the normal pitch makes the app crashes.
It is normal i guess since it doesn’t exist on the OT but is it possible to change that? It makes a potential risk when playing live to crash the app.

A few other things:

• Is it be possible to add the equivalent of the FUNC key when playing chromatic? On the OT, it allows to use chromatic keyboard without restarting the sample, making it possible to change the pitch while the sample is played.

• The sensitivity of the potentiometers is really low, it needs a few drags to change from zero to max. Could be an option to adjust it by ourselves or just increase it by an update?

• Maybe add the track number above/below the faders, can be confusing when having to go fast.

• No access to MIDI tracks?

Going back to try to understand the basics and possibilities :wink:
thanks again for this app and the following of it!

• I’ll fix the crash and look into the dial sensitivity / mixer labelings
  • I don’t think it’s possible to replicate the FUNC key externally
  • No MIDI Tracks control at the moment
1 Like

Sorry, I edited the message above, didn’t know u’d be so reactive :wink:

1 Like

Great app!

I just pretty much dislike the colorscheme though.

Could you add themes maybe? I just added a blue filter ontop in Affinity – something like this would look better for my eyes:

I’m not that happy with the UI, but themes is a little bit beyond the scope of the app. I submitted a new update today that will address the crash and some UI contrast.

5 Likes

I think the UI is okay - just your color palette is a bit wonky.

Update:

• Fixed a crash that would occur with high notes in the Chromatic Keyboards
  • Improved dial sensitivity
  • Improved UI contrast & minor UI changes
7 Likes

Waw so quick you are, never saw such a responsive dev :wink:

Did you change the speed of the dials? I don’t notice the difference TBH.
Thanks for the rest though :smiley: