Make your own April Fool’s Product Announcement

I had a dream last night. It was for a new product and i realized when i woke up how much of a April Fool’s Announcement it was.

So here’s your challenge. Write a small description for a fantastical musical device/product. It only has to be a sentence long, though don’t feel like that’s a limit – you can go as far as you’d like. Pretend that the topic category is Other Gear, instead of General Discusion.

We still have time.

5 Likes

The rebirth of the Roland Space Echo Roland RE-2001

We took our orginal design and combined it with advanced alogorithms based on how sound travels in space.

Please note: Although our Beta units have been extensively tested they are unfortunately unable to pass any audio and we will endeavour to fix this upon release.

(having re-read this, not that impressed with myself!)

7 Likes

Didn’t John Cage use a prototype of the RE-2001 back in 1952?

I want one !

4 Likes

Oh, you mean the Elektron Digichain? Its a companion to the Digitone and Digitakt, takes your sequences and stores and communicates pattern chain information via Midi CC, creating what might be called “song mode.” Elektron isn’t sure why anyone would need it, they just developed it on a whim.

4 Likes

Of course he did but you and I know it was only for 4 min 33 secs…he couldnt get it working either!

3 Likes

And then the damn machine broke. Glad Roland finally worked out the bugs.

nope, doubt they will ever get it sorted…its this stupid space audio thing, kinda just gets in the way. There is no atmosphere at all in the development department.

1 Like

It comes along with a complete and full release of Overbridge !

(It’s OK Elektron we still love you !)

Overbridge : Octatrack Extreme edition

Route all your audio via USB into your daw of choice

Create midi sequences inside the software and transfer to the octatrack

Add randomization at the click of a switch

Control scenes via the virtual crossfader

Use arranger inside overbridge to create full songs and then transfer back to the octatrack

Etc.

4 Likes

Do you mean something like the Voyager Extra Long Space Echo Delay which utilizes the Voyager spacecrafts in outer space as send/return effect?

It’s quite lofi with an upload rate of 16-bit/s via S-band, but I guess Hainbach will love it.

6 Likes

Introducing the OctaHub.

Plugs into all Octatrack ports (except headphone) removing the need for your current hardware signal chain because now you can push your software to the limit via Overbridge! Sample/Mangle from your DAW back into your DAW.

Battery handle not included

2 Likes

Slightly off topic but does anyone have any brilliant April Fool gags for my 11year boy to play on his mum and for me to play on him?
Cheers guys.

One can dream via USB. I went with grabbing all existing I/O. Let’s see which one becomes a reality first :sunglasses:

1 Like

There’s a product all by itself. A hat with a USB plug that allows a wearer to download dreams while they’re asleep. I love the dreams with original music so make it a generative music dream cap.

I can imagine the discussion that they’d have about this on Sonic-Talk !

1 Like

Two words.

Song

Mode.

5 Likes

:smile:

The thing about an April Fools Announcement is it has to be believable enough to fool someone. Wouldn’t we all know this is a put on?

3 Likes

Absolutely, but the fallout would still be funny.

Haha damnit…words!

2 Likes

Great idea!

Actually you could have buttons on the front of the delay to select various space based relay satellites. So for starters there would be all the LaGrange points L1 - L5. And another one for OSIRIS-REx, and the Parker Space probe – i hear you can get some real hot signal from that one. Seems a good use for bandwidth.

1 Like

So while the legality of this following idea would be based on your licensing/country, there is a new digital HAM radio protocol called ft-8 that bounces off the moon…

You could use that. Tide mode would only work during the tides, eclipse mode would be a rare event and probably be a bit crusher…etc :rofl:

Time slots and time of year during shows would be extremely important

1 Like