Infini keyboard from Kodamo

Kodamo Infini

Details are few at the moment.

It is a virtual analog with bitmask synthesis and FM in a mini keyboard. ADDED : The keyboard is actually full sized.

Full unveiling on April 1.

ADDED November 1, 2023 : The current status of this synth is unknown. Is it gear-in-progress, or has it been scratched. Not clear.

12 Likes

Looks wicked.

1 Like

I’ve heard from Kodamo about Bitmask Synthesis for a while, but it’s always been a bit hazy. We are about to find out what this all about.

Are those sequencer controls on the lower left, or is that for audio ? Sorry to ask questions without answers, at the moment.

ADDED : Touch screen ??

Formant filter ??

Two stereo outputs ??

Host and Device USB.

Sustain and Expression pedal input.

The display looks rich with a lot going on.

I think this synth is going to open some new doors.
I want to learn more about this and hear it !

ADDED : The mod wheels appear to be real wheels. When i first looked it thought they were sliders instead, but i think they are wheels.

1 Like

Hey…wait a minute…

10 Likes

I would have put it in my April Fools thread.

There is a show Synthfest France SFF that runs April 1-3.

Info is from SynthAnatomy.com
The picture is from Kodamo

EDIT : Improved link.

1 Like

Soarer probably knows more about this.

1 Like

Looks cool. I can’t wait to learn more about bitmask synthesis.

Looking at the legend on the side, it looks like bitmasks are wave shapes. But I am curious how they are generated and what makes them bitmasks. Also, the multiple peak formants on the legend look interesting.

1 Like

I would guess so as well. It seems to be lacking some tactile controls for waveshaping and modulation. Awesome if it is a touch screen.

With a bitmask you can combine any or many of the selections.

1 Like

Looks a bit like the Korg OP six though. I wonder if they sound the same.

1 Like

Cool, so combining waveforms and whatnot?

Also, I like under the formant legends, the vowels. Probably the sound they make.

I’m not sure, but that is the implication of a bitmask for me with my software engineer hat on. Soarer probably knows better.

The picture on SynthAnatomy is weird with an extra key in the scale on the keyboard. Not sure where they got the image, but I think it’s wrong.

1 Like

There is a thread on this forum for the Kodamo Bitmasker, a product teased a while back. That was to be a pocket sized product.

Maybe there is info that can be gained from that

ADDED : You even posted there HMB !

1 Like

Not April’s Fool is it?

Not by me.

This looks real to me. It’s been known for a while that Kodamo had a product in development.

Good eye! That was some classic HMB tomfoolery. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that up!

1 Like

If there was a tip off that this is a prank, this image is it.

But Kodamo is at SFF, and they have an image on their website, with the right number of keys, and it does fit with Kodamo having a product in process for a while called Bitmasker.

But this could be a very elaborate prank. Volkswagen did have the world convinced they were changing their name to Voltswagen, last year.

Anyone think this is a prank ?

ADDED : It would be a great head fake to convince everyone this is a Poisson d’Avril prank and then have it turn out to be a real product.

3 Likes

They’ve been showing off early renders of this thing for ages. Clearly it isn’t a prank. What would the joke be?

2 Likes