Make Noise Strega

Is that their actual headquarters? Cool building.

What better way to haul a B&G System around than a low-ride Scion?

They posted on IG one of the teaser images but with lots of tags with “synthesizer”.

1 Like

New pic from Alessandro, and more info coming next week.

7 Likes

Seems to be from looking on street view (not stalking them, just curious because of family connections to the city).

The hashtags are the most interesting thing about that (the image is near enough the same as an earlier one). But no mention of FX, just analog synth, modular synth, synth synth synth, etc etc. And he denied it being a new Make Noise module previously. So it’s a standalone Make Noise synth, then. New 0-Coast? Something to complement it? Something else entirely??? :thinking:

1 Like

Asheville seems like a lovely city.

2 Likes

Yeah, the #analogsynth hashtag could be the ticket here. I was thinking an FX unit, but, if the Easel jokes are right, then a Make Noise Easel inspired desktop would be great.

4 Likes

Yeah due to Alessandro Cortinis involvement/hints I am starting to really think it will be a Makenoise easel of sorts. I still expect it to be totally its own thing though with more workflow lineage in common with the buchla easel rather than any sort of cloning. Maybe a best of makenoise modules to create a little 2 voice system with a smart patching layout and possibly some fx. If my thinking is right I bet we are looking at around $1,000 if it doesn’t come with a touch key sequencer and $500 more if it does come with one.

1 Like

Hmmm…I highly doubt its a new 0-Coast model/replacement, since they just recently started making them again after many months of being out of production, to focus on building 0-Ctrl units. Only about a month ago, did they finally produce more, and get restocks everywhere. If they were going to have an 0-Coast Mk2, I think they would have shifted production to the new model, rather than finally restocking more of the original units after being out of stock for almost a year. Just throwing that out there to narrow down what it could possibly be. We will find out soon enough.

5 Likes

id be a very happy man if they did it. If its an serge/buchla easel esque device id say it would be up there with the prices of the tape and micro sound system , if not more

1 Like

It looks like a digital device not an easel.

Awesome. I’m fairly new to MN, so thanks for the extra background info. I didn’t want it to be a 0-Coast 2 anyway, as I just bought two OGs :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Digital? Why the hashtags #analogsynth and #analogsynthesizer then?

2 Likes

Same here. I literally JUST purchased an 0-coast from the newest batch, which is how I knew about them being out of production for so long haha.

1 Like

I have a feeling parts of it will be analog , but for instance the panel looks similar to the erbe verbe shown , which is a (from memory) 12 bit DSP reverb. It is considered one of the nicest sounding character reverbs in eurorack and is getting quite old now. (for eurorack modules)

1 Like

Parameters/controls like absorb and activation don’t seem analog.

1 Like

@Zifor @FromNaught Good points. Well made. Let’s hope it’s a best of both worlds thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Although, I am hoping for something as interesting as an Easel equivalent.

The t/f feedback loop graphic is annoyingly hard to decipher.

2 Likes

I think it will be an FX unit in the 0-coast and 0-ctrl series/form factor. The 0-something that starts with the letter C.

Even at make noise prices it will be 1/3 the price and twice the funtionalit of a buchla easel. BABOOOOMMMM!!! SHOTS FIRED! OFF TO SYNTH JAIL!!

5 Likes

your totally right, AND if it is an easel it should be semi modular , so the fact it isn’t a module should drive the price down considerably. ie. something like the Shared System/Easel price to potentially half 2/2.5k GBP

1 Like