Make Noise Strega

to be fair , they pre hype everything. Its somewhat frustrating , but i get why they need to do it. Look forward to its release. And also not only i have to get an o ctrl , this too potentially. fuuuuu

yes and no…

the 0-coast basically just showed up at NAMM. it was nowhere near ready for release (in that it hadn’t been manufactured yet; it was otherwise done I think). this was back when companies did that sort of thing; NAMM was their announcement, and they shipped later in the year. now they announce at NAMM, day before, or just randomly when they feel like it; and when they do announce, twenty influencers drop their hype videos (having barely touched the thing) at the same time, and it ships within 24 hours.

since then, MN have somewhat bought into the hype game. but usually only far enough to just drop one or two hints, showing 1/8 of the module and saying “join us at 1pm EST this Friday, we’ll announce something new.” or that sort of thing. so no mega-hype campaigns. I think they’ll give the OK to a couple of their beta testers to share videos/social media, but it’s not what I’d consider the usual influencers and you tube-funded hype idiots.

6 Likes

I would be pretty excited by a desktop version of some of their effects (or even just a reimagined Erb Verb). I can’t imagine it being an Easel since 0-Coast + 0-CTRL already gets you in that territory without being an outright clone.

1 Like

I was thinking this as well. Something buchla style… I expect a synth voice since this is what ac seems to be most interested in

1 Like

0-ctrl was teased, but it was a short campaign. I don’t think they will keep us guessing for long

The 0-Ctrl one was the perfect balance of hype and leaking relevant information about the device. And it also lead up to an actually fucking cool product. I think Make Noise does great at creating interesting / artful campaigns for their unique products.

5 Likes

Yeah I have absolutely no problem with their campaigns. And it isn’t like Cortini is some shill: he developed it.

Plus their content backs up their instruments…and vice versa.

6 Likes

I think 0ctrl could stand as a controller but the easel is more of a system than a 0coast is. I could see this being more of the equivalent of 2 voices and fx in one box. That’s part of the reason I paired the pico system 3 with the 0ctrl over the 0coast.

Where’s that next teaser? I will also settle for an actual announcement.

2 Likes

It gets cold in Asheville in wintertime.

15 Likes

the twitter comments can only be interpreted as a word play on Easel IMHO

1 Like

Maybe Alessandro was running his Easel through a the new FX processor that is being teased?

7 Likes

can’t argue that that’s a possibility. Although that would be a strange way to hype a product, by referencing what you can process with it…

10.000 possibilities then…

… a fart even :joy:

The collaboration between makenoise and arturia does frown my eyebrows though: if they facilitate creating something such easel-like with the microfreak, what will they put against it in that segment?!

So in this instance, would they be running an Easel through a fart, or a fart through an FX processor?

2 Likes

Isn’t that Noise Engineering though?

4 Likes

Oops… Too late, too many beers before comment…

1 Like

Run them through some FX and you’ll be fine in the morning.

2 Likes

For sure , just seems too good to be true, my head would explode

I‘m also curious.
For people that want to meanwhile patch (or learn like me…) strange complex waveforms for free with beautiful modules:
Instruo has released most modules for vcv
Niice

2 Likes

We’ll find out soon I’m sure! I’m personally hoping for a standalone Make Noise effects box because I have more than enough synth voices but I’m sure whatever they come up with will be interesting.

1 Like