Make Noise Strega

Is that a type of pokemon?

2 Likes

The 0-Coast/0-CTRL combo is already kind of an easel.

I think the guys who made the 3-tiered rack for Moog stuff are going to have another trio to work with.

2 Likes

I’m pinning my hopes on an 8 voice poly synth :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Yeah, maybe it is the 208 voice of the Easel. If it is, then the “Filter” label could correlate to the level of the lopass gate section which could be used in filter mode. The “Activation” label, that could be the timbre/wavefolder from the 208. “Tones” could also be part of the wave shaper, like the overtone control on the 0-Coast. “Absorb” could be and EG control, like decay, or it could be a reverb control.

Now I am in the middle. I was once all in on the FX thing, but now I am seeing all sides of it.

2 Likes

I think your getting there. Certainly seems like it’s a synth with extensive wavefolding/modulation going on. Most likely a new take on an old Buchla moduel(s), as Tony is really into honoring Buchla by modernizing their offerings. Got a lot of respect for Tony and Company. Really intelligent group of people with an almost encyclopedia amount of knowledge regarding synthesis history.

2 Likes

Another thing to think about, is that the DSP, or electronics required to make an FX unit like the Erbe-Verb, might be too big to fit in the thinner form factor of the 0-Coast and 0-CTRL.

im not so sure about that the components are going to be SMD.

Another new one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKbTckojP7d/

1 Like

1 Like

Strength was used on 0-Ctrl (for velocity basically) but also that smaller knob suggest a less important parameter so something like depth for another parameter? It certainly is intriguing. Someone in the comments guessed a drum synth? :thinking:

Edit: also, in equations, a small t = time, while a capital F = force, so could this indeed be a physical modelling drum synth of some kind???

1 Like

Another one from his story, top right.

7 Likes

I keep reading it as t = time, F = frequency. As in “you could think of this as time or as frequency” (since the two are interchangeable). Which certainly does not preclude its application to physical modeling – to that end, maybe tone/Force, with velocity affecting the spectral quality.

(Although, at the same time, drum synthesis isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Alessandro Cortini.)

2 Likes

I keel reading it as the/fuck. For example, the/fuck this new Make Noise jobby sounds good.

6 Likes

Oh sh*tttt, the hype is real, I’m so stoked right nowww, the 0-Coast-0-Ctrl have such the perfect format<3

2 Likes

Someone called it a 0-Inch-Nails and I couldn’t stop laughing at that.

+1 for a 0-verb sorta thing. Pretty clear from Tony’s interviews that they don’t/won’t make newer versions of existing modules, which is why the Mimeophone is fairly different from the Echophone (longer, switchable buffers, no pitch shifting, STEREO) and their latest push towards stereo and the existence of the mono to stereo Erb Verb but no actual stereo to stereo reverb device makes me think it’s gonna be a “stereo spatial spectral absorber and repeater”.

7 Likes

I’m so glad that it’s confirmed to be in the 0 format! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Just gotta shout out Cortini for listening to Pantera in HiRes FLAC. Man knows what’s up.

What if he’s sampling it into the new unit??

7 Likes

I think it’s a deliberate clue, not necessarily his taste :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it’s well within his taste. I mean, why is it on there to begin with?

And are we to believe he’s listening to music and playing at the same time?? Logically it must have sampling. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The new unit is a ‘Vulgar Display of Power’ :wink:

And the cover is a punch in the chops. Drums!

1 Like