Make Noise 0-CTRL

Might be fun to use with my MS-20 Mini.

3 Likes

Nice!

Forgive my cv noobness: how does he sync the 808?

This plus a Microvolt would rule. Love the sound of that synth.

I’m going to pick this up at some point to go with my Grenadier RA-99 and my Field Kit/FX. Hours and hours of fun to be had there.

2 Likes

Just finished the Loopop. Man that looks like fun. Can you imagine some AllFlesh between the inputs and outputs? Stupid fun.

I want to say it’s pricey…but I dont think it is. That’s a crazy amount of control and sequencing ability for the price Imo.

Yeah but, like he showed, it with a slicing sampler? Phewee.

2 Likes

I respect Loopop but mylarmelodies is the winner here - more musical examples/contexts make the explanations clearer.

7 Likes

yeah, probably the best demo of the functionality also.
The dynamic envelope is pretty rad with the 0-coast.
Looks like you need about 40 more stack cables like Mylar though.

probably not. MS-20’s are hz/v not v/oct.

good news is an sq-1 is much cheaper.

I like his videos a lot. He always has great musical examples in it.

Since the 0-CTRL is not quantized, would hz/v or v/o matter as much?

1 Like

I have an SQ-1 already, and I did say might, not will.

Apparently the steps are not quantized so you have to tune the values by ear anyway. and maybe I want to use the sequencer to modulate something other than pitch on the MS-20 Mini.

I will probably get another CV synth in the near future, depending on how my fortunes play out so MS would not be the only partner for it to play with.

it’s just not going to work as well. your sweet spot will be way smaller, I think. but I’m certainly no expert on it. it’s designed for eurorack standards for cv and pitch, which isn’t what the ms-20 uses for either.

It’s his fault I am gassing for the O-coast

1 Like

Arduino Nano and a few pots and jacks are even cheaper and I can tell that the lookmumnocomputer 8step seq shares a lot of similarities with the O-CTRL!

it’s also a really easy build! took me about 20minutes to lay down a breadboard Proto and another hour to solder everything into Eurorack.

a cool feature is the ability to feed it with a gate signal into the forward clock direction or the backward direction and both at the same time which, depending on the clock source, leads into some kind of granular sequencing as the stronger signal of both clocks defines the direction but at the same time it fights against the other clock!!

inspirational stuff for under 10 bucks in material

1 Like

there are converters out there… I’m sure you could find something that would work.

We probably shouldn’t take this thread too far towards the direction of the MS-20 but here’s a relevant post from another place and time:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=122951#p122951

1 Like

SonicState & Tony Rolando interview/demo.

Solder my own version? No thanks. I tried soldering a synth together, and the workshop leader had to redo all my soldering work for me.

3 Likes

Isn’t arduino limited to 0-5 volts?

Nice - seen most of the influencer vids while doing the M32 update yesterday.

Not needed here atm, my money goes to Nashville. Subharmonicon come to me!

Update: I do wonder how that swing would affect the clock and swing on my Tanzbär :thinking:

Isn t it limited to 3,3 volts?

Anyone know the gate voltage?