Machinedrum updates?

Nice and interesting comparison!

Hi, Daffydub,
well, thatā€™s why I never got the Spectralis or the Tempest (although I was tempted) but rather non-OS gear like Cwejman S1, GRP A4, modules and an analogue sequencer, and software like Live for complex and reproducible sequencing and digital stuff.
Elektron on the other hand, with its OS-dependent gear lives (or at least lived) on its (so far well-earned) reputation of good and loving care even for old and senile machines :wink:

What? The MD is a finished and fully functional machine. They donā€™t have to keep adding stuff because they have bettered their technology in more recent machines. It is what it is, if it does not suit you then get something else.

1 Like

Compared to MDā€¦ I feel senile :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Then it is false marketing on their page:
ā€œEnjoy continuous OS updatesā€

They should replace it with:
ā€œEnjoy continuous OS updates for onlyā€¦.ā€

Yeah, but it has to be what, 12 years old now? If there was something wrong with it then I would understand. I do wish that Waldorf be half as forward as Elektron.

Maybe old, yes?

Akai Mpc-1000 is about that age too, latest OS (JJOS) update was 1 week ago and there will probably come a new one with new features next month againā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

JJOS is not from the Manufacturer though.

1 Like

JJOS is third party softwareā€¦Akai has nothing to do with it

1 Like

What if they discontinue the MD and then make the OS open source?

Then itā€™s fair game.

that would be so awesome.

Surely at some point the Machinedrum becomes full. You canā€™t expect big updates forever as they have limited storage space, especially in the non+drive versions. Sure they could do tweaks and small back end changes, but a whole new machine could take more space than they have.

'spose microtiming is all it needs no?

Chances of any further significant OS updates on the MD are slim to noneā€¦itā€™s a 12 year old machine, with a 12 year old DSPā€¦fahgit aboot it :rage:

1 Like

There has to be a limit to peoples expectations.

I would rather Elektron focus on fixing bugs and creating better manuals and tutorial content.

808 and 909 havenā€™t been updated, ever, and people are still using them and loving them, and not bummed about them not having every feature under the sun ā€¦because people understand that the machine is complete as it is.

Perhaps the expectation of always getting something new creates disappointment when the well runs dry.

microtiming and the possibility to share drumsetting between different kits would be killerā€¦anything else is fine already.

+1 ā€¦ AND YES: AMEN!

+1

MD is a Classic Drum Machine,with tons of features and creative possibilities!
It has a distinct character also because of its limitations.
Nobodyā€™s blaming Roland for not updating 808s and such!
The MD donā€™t even have an USB port.
I think they pushed the onboard technology far enough with even the +Drive upgrade.
I would love to have micro timing and polyrithms, but (on the bright side) it has MULTIPLE OUTPUTS!! nobodyā€™s getting those anymore :slight_smile:
Just let it be what it isā€¦ perfect!
:heart:

1 Like