Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.10 Released [ Unofficial ]

mmm seems like a machinedrum related issue maybe try pushing rec on and off when this happens this can help, it happens sometimes banks freeze up this is a work around and u will be capable of choosing bank again.

X.09 has been released on the Discord - I can’t find anything about what it contains however for those interested, here it is.

Machinedrum_SPS1-UW_OS_X.09.zip (1.2 MB)

4 Likes

changes are listed in the .txt in the zip

List of changes from Machinedrum SPS-1 OS X.08 to X.09

MIDI Additions:

When Enhanced MIDI is enabled the Machinedrum will respond to AfterTouch messages.
These behave identically to incoming CC messages but do not update GUI.

that appears to be the only change

4 Likes

Nice, thank you! I hope I’ve not trod on any toes by offering up the file before the creators, I just got really excited.

I downloaded it on my phone, and don’t have anything that could open it, so missed the text file. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think this has been asked a bunch…[laziness involved here]

im on X.06 [I believe the number is] is there any reason for me to update yet? not using an MCL. not sure if there is anything in the updates that would benefit the install.

[adding: does anyone have X.06? id like to have it if I revert to old MD or use a diff version and would like to go back to it. I didnt seem to save that one :thinking:]

1 Like

Machinedrum SPS1-UW OS X.09 :flying_saucer:
Download

List of changes from Machinedrum SPS-1 OS X.08 to X.09
-------------------------------------------------------

MIDI Additions:
--------------

When Enhanced MIDI is enabled the Machinedrum will respond to AfterTouch messages.
These behave identically to incoming CC messages but do not update the GUI.
13 Likes

Thank you Justin, your work is truly unprecedented!

1 Like

I would say the highlighted update on X.07 makes it worthwhile, as I had this issue cause me headaches.

List of changes from Machinedrum SPS-1 OS X.07 to X.08

** Bug Fixes **

• Machinedrum would freeze when receiving a long stream of MIDI CC data.

List of changes from Machinedrum SPS-1 OS X.06 to X.07

** Bug Fixes **

- Parameter locks on a pattern’s first step would be ignored on sequencer start.

• Song Mode would not honor row 0’s repetition count when starting via MIDI transport.
3 Likes

Thank you :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I forgot where enhanced midi is located, can someone help?

One thing I dislike profoundly about the MNM is it doesn’t record note length / amp:hold. Like, what you play in doesn’t get played back. Since MCL uses it’s own sequencer I assume it would now resolve this and record the note lengths I play?

1 Like

It’s a secret mode:

2 Likes

And where do we read about exactly what this “secret mode” does, or is for, or how to use ?
Thank you kindly.

It’s not that secret. Like, I don’t have to kill you.

The MCL_Documentation.pdf is available along with other binary artifacts here:

The source I believe is:

https://www.overleaf.com/project/5bf4b001acd32532e46419ba

1 Like

Ah okay, so it’s only for the mega command, thanks, sadly I dont have one :slight_smile: :cry:

This is the biggest thing keeping me from using the MNM and Octatrack more. I always use live recording on the other devices, and it not getting the length of the note held down is really frustrating. Also just generally the way the envelope on the MNM and OT works is kinda weird. But then again envelopes on all synths aren’t quite to my desires for one reason or another. Syntakt gets pretty close though, with the configurable AHR or ADSR envelope.

It might once not have but now OT records length. Don’t freak me out.

1 Like

Sick! Thank you so much for keeping the MD alive & kicking ASS!

2 Likes

Hey so I bought a secondhand MDUW which had a + drive added years later by elektron techs.

I am a little hesitant about the new unofficial firmware, especially as it relates to the third party addition of my + drive.

Does anyone here know if it’s compatible? Really curious to try it but dont wanna brick the whole thing.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

I’m not sure about a +Drive that was added later, but I had a Mk2 UW+ and the unofficial firmware worked just fine. I can’t imagine it making a difference.

2 Likes

It won’t brick - download and enjoy the wonderful X firmware. :slight_smile:

7 Likes