Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.10 Released [ Unofficial ]

I tried this link to the Machinedrum X//MCL Discord, but it seems to have expired. I’d love to join! I got a MCL and am eager to try the new OS. Can someone invite me?

With every release they update the github, if you scroll down to the assets section you’ll see a .pdf, usually called documentation but it’s the manual

2 Likes
1 Like

I have these all the time… I have to change the sample rate back and forth to fix the latency and so far I haven’t found a way around restarting to get the audio moving again. Such a pain. I’ll have to grab a cheapo MIDI interface to do the deed. In fairness the 8pre is pre-M1 and I feel lucky they even updated it to work at all. :confused:

This is perfect, thank you!

Hello,
I have à machinedrum sps1 mk1, no uw.
Can you tell me if the OS X runs with a fiesta version of machinedrum?

Thx

Yes it works. :slight_smile:

I’ve sent os x0.8 to my
machinedrum sps1 mk1 with C6
Only the 3rd time it finished.
But i turn the device on its stuck on the screen with the MD logo ang the version x0.8 on the corner.

Is there versions that work better with sps1-mk1?

have you tried a soft reset?

Do you mean soft reset AFTER the update ?

yes (not factory)

1 Like

In the meantime i returned to 1.63, but ill give it a try

i use delay ticks between 4-7, also try to limit all system processes (even wifi off can help) on the laptop sending the sysex.

1 Like

Actualy this time it just work …
I did 1 ms delay, i used the midi port from Steinberg UR22 soundcard

I sold my MDMK1 to a friend… And upgraded to a MK2UW+! And best of all, I realised my Clarett interface was the problem (or maybe the USB hub) as the TM-1 interface which the MK2UW+ came with was able to upgrade the MD first time! Went from stock to x.08, mustn’t have known what hit it. :smiley:

9 Likes

Can the latest unofficial firmware x.08 been installed onto a SPS-1 MKII and if so do I need a mega command console to access it’s features?
Sorry I wasn’t sure

Thank you

Yes it can, and you don’t need a Megacommand

2 Likes

Amazing thank you.
I have made a patch I like but the transient is pretty harsh and would love an ADSR to roll off the harshness - I see that this firmware has an envelope which is great!

1 Like

I can’t get my MD to update from 0.6 to 0.8 using C6 or Transfer using my Behringer UDC interface or my generic USB to midi to interface which has always worked (both have). Any suggestions? I am trying both the midi update and transfer send from func + power menu but it keeps booting to x.06. Lost at this point.

Cabling is all correct.

Ideas?

I spent weeks faffing around with my audio interface, trying to figure out why I could send notes and transport, but not the MD firmware. I recommend trying another interface. Not heard of a Behringer UDC interface. Do you mean the UMC? In theory, they should all work, but for whatever reason, it just will not work with some setups. Grab a cheap as chips USB to MIDI interface, or even the Elektron TM-1, and this should work.

I can’t speak to anyone’s specific problems, but I can say that I was able to successfully update the firmware on mine using Sysex librarian on the latest MacOS, using a Behringer UMC404HD.

1 Like