What is going on here? Sound glitching

So the deal is, I’m jamming along and after about 5 minutes my DT starts to glitch. First it was only overbridge popping an glitching out and then going silent but in stand alone mode (without being plugging into the computer) I get this weird glitched sounds. Im on 1.50

This is supposed to be a kick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkZTpHIjJY0

Edit: Im going modular into digitakt, digitakt into machinedrum and stereo of machinedrum into soundcard. As you can hear the MD sounds just fine

Anyone experienced this before?

Cheers!

Something with Latency settings?

in the example im not using overbridge, that the weird part

Latency could still be the problem if this is the output from the computer with the soundcard :wink:

Yeah true, but the MD sounds just fine. I trigger it toward the end. Its hard to hear due to the old school buttons haha

Ah, I didn’t listen to everything. Well then I have no idea except Digitakt being broken :\

1 Like

rip

make sure the digitakt menu sound setting allows headphone monitoring and verify if the headphone output sounds different to the sound card audio monitoring. If the digitakt sounds fine, the problem is not the digitakt.

listen to it in the headphones while monitoring from the computer at the same time (simultaneous monitoring), so you can do an A/B comparison. The setting is called int to main (internal to main, under the routing for global audio routing), just make sure it’s set to “on” and not auto.

2 Likes

I seem to have figured it out. The MD freezes, funny enough the audio in the inputs sound terrible but the audio from the engines work just fine. I’m on x.07

MD was the problem then??

This exact one, I use the tru port on the MD to sequence the modular from the DT

3 Likes

At least it’s solved! Or the mystery is solved at least. Hopefully the problem can be corrected with the FW flash.

1 Like

Yh, never had issues with any of my elektrons so I was a bit stumped

1 Like

they’re good pets! never make a mess on the rug, usually do as they’re told!

1 Like