Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.10 Released [ Unofficial ]

It’s not a bug. It’s how it works and I love it, but would love to have the other option as well (audio mute).

with MCL mute is pretty instantaneous

What do you mean not a bug? That it unmutes 2 steps late? I agree that’s “how it works” but disagree that it’s not a bug. It seems for sure a bug. None of the other Elektron devices work this way. None of my other devices at all work this way.

The Octatrack does “audio mute” and for drums that is pretty much worthless. It’s the reason I listed my Octatrack for sale.

JustinValer had agreed that it was a bug in another thread that I created.

Definitely not what I would consider “normal behavior.”

I didn’t switch on my MD for a while so I need to check ! But we’re definitely not talking about the same thing.
What you describe is clearly wrong.

1 Like

(Bug confirmed)

This was an issue on the latest official firmware (and still is up to X.04). I haven’t tested the X firmware above that. But this bug was confirmed in my thread here:

You can see that Justin confirmed it. Later on I think the thread sort of got derailed, but in my OP I show exactly what the behavior is on my MD. You can follow that thread there if you’d like to test it out for yourself. Maybe it was an issue with the MD mkii UW+ and not other units. I don’t know. I know that my monomachines do not behave this way, nor do my electribes, RS7000, EMU MP7, Spectralis 2, analog keys, Roland MC units. The MD is the only device that takes two steps for an unmute to activate. Interestingly, it mutes as expected and hitting shift extended brings the sound back to the saved pattern instantly.

You are correct, but it never seems to have bothered me much. Think I got used to it. You might want to use one of your other sequencers to send sysex to simply turn the volume up and down per track, just me trying to make a quick fix for you.

What bothers me more is that I loose resolution when using CTRL-ALL and pushing the encoder, it makes the MD still a 90s machine. If that got solved, and the freezes stopped, I am very very very happy.

Bothers me :frowning:

Yeah, this is why I use my Spectralis to sequence the Machinedrum. The thing I end up missing is parameter locks, although I also gain per track length changes that can be quite nice. So it’s a trade off.

Anyone mind demoing the NFX machines in a video? Would be awsome!!

3 Likes

I’m having an issue that I think might be a bug on the latest unofficial release. Sometimes, when I mute tracks, they don’t actually mute. On the mute screen, it shows them muted, and red light above the track’s corresponding button is off. But, the sound still plays. The only way for me to fix it is to turn off my MD, turn it back on, and try again. Has anybody else had this happen? Mine is a UW+ mk2.

I can actually md record mutes on the akai mpc 2000xl
Also can record most controls - extra plocking and crtall. And I don’t run out of plocks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
And jam back to midi with the xl
It’s pretty awesome.

Anyone know if you can record midi of say function plus left arrow to move or shift the sequencer notes ?

1 Like

there’s sysex commands for those buttons (if that helps you)

2 Likes

Oh yes that’s right. Thanks for pointing that out. I’ll give it a shot.

F0 79 6F 75 72 65 20 77 65 6C 63 6F 6D 65 F7

--------edit:
it wont let me just post the above

3 Likes

Would love to have a ratcheting / retrig feature as well. Although, I wish Elektron’s other devices with retrig also generated MIDI for retriggered notes. Maybe it would make more sense to have a separate device (DAW, other hardware sequencer) doing MIDI-capable ratchets, as I wonder if the added throughput would overwhelm the MD.

Is there a feature roadmap or system for feature requests? I didn’t see if the unofficial firmware was open or closed source, but I’d be willing to tinker with adding this feature if it’s open source.

Do you have the UW version? It has retrig on the sample machine

just wondering and maybe this has been asked in the past but could it be possible to port one of the fm machines of the mono here? I guess the mem of the md should be almost full loaded so I think this may be quite imposible

…and playing gnd units via MIDI could be possible in a future?

thank you so much guys

4 Likes

Hi Question I had a performance yesterday and the new OS I dont now for what reason frooze after being I guess synced externally and after that the MD lost all its kits like a reset was made ( factory reset), has anyone else had this issue? All Base midi channels off only external sync and no start stop.
I’m kind of baffled as at my home last few weeks it worked just fine
Thanks in advance

Yes, normal behavior. Check comments above

1 Like