Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.10 Released [ Unofficial ]

Would love to have a ratcheting / retrig feature as well. Although, I wish Elektron’s other devices with retrig also generated MIDI for retriggered notes. Maybe it would make more sense to have a separate device (DAW, other hardware sequencer) doing MIDI-capable ratchets, as I wonder if the added throughput would overwhelm the MD.

Is there a feature roadmap or system for feature requests? I didn’t see if the unofficial firmware was open or closed source, but I’d be willing to tinker with adding this feature if it’s open source.

Do you have the UW version? It has retrig on the sample machine

just wondering and maybe this has been asked in the past but could it be possible to port one of the fm machines of the mono here? I guess the mem of the md should be almost full loaded so I think this may be quite imposible

…and playing gnd units via MIDI could be possible in a future?

thank you so much guys

4 Likes

Hi Question I had a performance yesterday and the new OS I dont now for what reason frooze after being I guess synced externally and after that the MD lost all its kits like a reset was made ( factory reset), has anyone else had this issue? All Base midi channels off only external sync and no start stop.
I’m kind of baffled as at my home last few weeks it worked just fine
Thanks in advance

Yes, normal behavior. Check comments above

1 Like

did you end up going back? and did that solve the issue? I’ve been experiencing this since upgrading to x.07 a few months ago and thought i could deal with it but it’s such a huge bummer, especially trying to use live

I have a potential fix for the lock up problem. If you want to test, jump on the discord and send me a message.

6 Likes

Just to say, you’re a fkn hero in continuing to develop and support this Justin, massively appreciated. If haven’t already, you should set up a Patreon, Buymeacoffee or whatever where peeps can support your work.

7 Likes

Wow, that is so great to hear, thank you for the hard work :slight_smile:
I am up for testing, however I never used discord and dont know what to do.
How can I find you there?

Would love to join the Discord, can I get an invite link? :slight_smile:

Link in the first post :point_up_2:

1 Like

Hi Justin, I am on discord now. Never used it before but I left a msg. In the chat. Not sure how to msg. You directly

Hi,
I’m for now on the X.05 which I really love but I’m still a newbie with the MD and I do have a question. Sometimes my MD doesn’t respond and all the LED on at that moment stay on and can’t change anything. I have to reboot it. Is it something known ? :slight_smile:

Hi

Massive thanks for your incredible work.

Is there any way you could imagine implementing Velocity Modulation to the MD? Imagine how cool it would be to let the MD modulate for example Filter Freq depending on Velocity. I’m often triggering the MD from external drumpads or a midi keyboard, and with the now possible polyphony, it would be just insane to add velocity modulation.

I guess you are busy - so I dont expect you to answer this. Just wanted to share it with you.

Best, Simon

4 Likes

Hi there! Quick noob question that seems tricky to google. Are the unofficial firmware releases compatible with a MK1 Machinedrum, non-UW version? Fingers crossed I’m picking up a MK1 in the next coupla days, and being able to add even more features would be incredible. Cheers!

Yeah it works. I got the same model a couple weeks ago, and It came with x.04 already installed. Of course you won’t be able to take full advantage of it, but you can use some of the new machines.

1 Like

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Red eye

Thanks man! What features won’t I be able to use in a MK1, non-UW MD? Most of the features don’t seem to be dependent on UW, from what I took away from the version history of updates.

Is there any way of turning off quantising when in recording mode?

If not, will this be possible in a future firmware?

Is there a list of changes for all of these new firmware releases? Finding it hard to find for some reason.

I’m on x05 and want to update and would love to have a list of the new features/additions to refer to :slight_smile:

Thanks very much again for this - it’s had lots of use here!