Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

Wow that was fun, the sort of vibe that you can find in track 5 of Aphex Twin Syro.

1 Like

That happens when I load the pattern too, but I’ll just throw my sound to the bin haha

Awesome jam!! You are a MD wizard :mage:

1 Like

I’m speechless, that was fantastic!!

Is there a command to swap the UNDO kit into the workspace kit after sending a kit dump (0x52)? The stock firmware used to replace the workspace kit immediately upon receiving a dump. Hoping to retain that for some software I wrote. If not is there another method to immediately load a kit via sysex?

Loving the new GND machines and TONAL btw. Thank you!

Is there a command to swap the UNDO kit into the workspace kit after sending a kit dump (0x52)?

There is a new Status Request command, “UndoKit Sync” which copies the workspace_kit into the undo_kit.

0x42 UndoKit Sync:
     Copy contents of workspace kit into the UNDO kit.

But I think that’s the opposite of what you’re trying to do?

There is also a standard MD sysex command for loading kits, see the MD manual.

–

The stock firmware used to replace the workspace kit immediately upon receiving a dump.
What do you mean by stock firmware?

1 Like

Also. There are undocumented sysex commands for controlling the GUI, that I discovered a few years ago:

9 Likes

Damn. This is gold.

I also have this problem since the firmware update.

Cannot rename any samples.
Says “empty position”

Below are the reported minor X.04 bugs from this thread.
The devs seem aware so they might be resolved in future updates but for now it is what it is. and it’s still incredible. :slight_smile:

• Sample renaming (empty position)

• EFM-CY tonal not enabled

• Song mode mutes not muting MIDI in notes

• Trig preview inaccessible from LFO menu

• Trig preview influencing all prior p locked trigs until pattern restarts

5 Likes

Thanks for collecting and organizing them!
Merging them to our list now.

1 Like

Song mode mutes not muting MIDI in notes

Regarding this, I think it’s not a bug if the OG firmware behaved in the same way. The two levels of mute have different purpose: regular mute makes the track not sound regardless of how it is trigged, song mute deactivates the internal sequencer on the track.

i haven’t had time to check if this is OG behaviour , but you’re right, if it is, it’s not a X.04 bug.
maybe i should upgrade this to feature request. :slight_smile:
unless the community thinks it should remain as is, only noticed when sequencing with rytm sending midi in.

I’m pretty sure midi in was not muted in the last official OS.

1 Like

Feature request: A dedicated CTL-AL MIDI channel

1 Like

No, it definitely was, and still is. I’ve complained about it since getting my first MD.

At the risk of being a broken record, the trig keys and MIDI input shouldn’t be muted by the MUTE mode and it should only mute the sequencer. External sequencers should be in charge of whether or not their notes are played.

i think @taxhaven is referring to my song mode query here. But yes pattern mode is different.

Interesting split debate, i see your point on external sequencer duties but i feel song mutes should mirror pattern mute function.
Plus some (me) may be running midi from external machines and want to programme all the song from the MD (
too lazy to create another sequence to mirror)

Manual quote “Tracks muted using song mute can not be unmuted using pattern mute.” which alludes to me that song mode has final say on what inputs come through?

as it is you could benefit from using song mode programmed mutes to gain the outcomes you’re after when using external midi in.

Anyone new to the MD world and wondering if it’s worth getting the x. 04 firmware.

The Machinedrum can now ambient in key.

Delete if not allowed. Just showing the firmware off. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

No, delete is not allowed.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Can you downgrade to official elektron’s OS version after you updated to X.04 ?