Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

https://www.elektronauts.com/search?q=downgrade%20topic:121321

4 Likes

I just installed x.04 yesterday and Iā€™ve been having this weird problem:
When Iā€™m sequencer mode, after some minutes I canā€™t use the record/pause/play buttons, they only work as if I was pressing the function key.

So, If i want to go from sequencer mode to play mode, or stop playing, I canā€™t, I can only copy/past/clear pattern.

This happen to anybody?

I donā€™t have that problem.
Maybe try and redo the firmware.

Can you try and enter TESTMODE from the boot menu. (hold FUNCTION on power on)

Then press your function key repeatedly. You should see one of the Sound Selection keys flicker on and off. It not, the button is not working correctly.

1 Like

The strange thing is that function works as expected for all other buttons. Iā€™ll try to reinstall the firmware later today

Anyone know, shell I do update again on normal speed?

I loaded it without the TM1 and ran into errors until I slowed down the transfer sightly (2-5 In C6 I think).

Others were able to do so without slowing it down so it may depend on your setup.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried to update my sps-1 mk2 several times, but no matter what i do the trig leds donā€™t lights up when I send the new os file, iā€™ve already tried to switch midi cables, update via different midi interfaces (umc 404hd and digitakt) and different delay speed but my MD is not able to receive anything. Anyone have some suggestions? Sysex dump and receive works fine, iā€™ve no clue why it behave like this.

Take us through the process. What mode is the md in when you start sending?

Problem solved dude, today iā€™ve just bought a midi to usb cable and the update run smooth as planned :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks again for the updateā€¦ Playing poly MD as a 16 poly synth with some midi process patchsā€¦ Really cool to have relative pitchs values on diffĆ©rents tracks.
Could even play it as a 16x4 poly synth with new machine and 4 sin OSCā€¦

Ctrl all time

1 Like

Ok, I finally have the time to check this out properly.

I figured it would be fun to livestream so please join me at twitch.tv/ess_mtsn tonight at 8PM CET for some MD-X exploration. :cowboy_hat_face:

19 Likes

Sounds awesome! Just to make sure, will this livestream be recorded and be available later?

Maybeā€¦ :sweat_smile:
It will be available at least for a month after

2 Likes

Got to catch a train tomorrow so wonā€™t be able to join you at 2AM China Standard Time (GMT+8).
Looking forward to the recording!!

3 Likes

An hour plus into the livestream and itā€™s been truly awesome! The melodies on the EFM BD and the drone really made the beat NICE. Loved the Elektron anecdotes as well. Thanks a lot @Ess for doing this! And the devs of X.04 - Iā€™m still in awe with what youā€™ve done here. I literally havenā€™t tried other machines than GND yet, perfectly enough for making entire tracks with. Gotta go make some music with mine, hope to catch the rest of the stream later.

Feel a bit silly for even asking this and at the same time have no idea about the etiquette regarding something like this tbh, but here goes; as mentioned earlier in this thread Iā€™ve been cobbling together a m4l device to assign the LFO routing and a couple of other things. Now this was pretty much finished but then this amazing firmware update happened. Besides the usual procrastination one of the reasons Iā€™ve been stuck is my inability to make half-decent similes of the new LFO shapes. Iā€™ve dug through everything thatā€™s available on github (I think) but havenā€™t been able to find the required shapes. Trying to make a mock-up in Inkscape has mostly had me screaming at my computer. Is there any chance of being pointed in the direction of where I could find the LFO shapes in some sort of image form?

1 Like

If there is no straightforward method, why not assign an LFO to level and look at the level of the output signal in a sample editor?

1 Like

take a photo of the screen and turn it into a vector?

1 Like

dipped in and out for this, some mad sounds and atmospheres!
the high speed SID(ish) stuff was really lush, trying that now.