Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

EDIT : NOT CURRENTLY WORKING (Sorry, I should have tested it better, it only works for track 1 for now)
EDIT 2 : Due to the fact that CCs that must be sent to the MD are sprayed across 4 Channels, it’s hard to make it simple and clean in M4L, as a track in Live can only output to 1 channel.

Here is a M4L device (barely tested) to MIDI play the machines in Tonal Mode.
Not sure it’s really useful for now ? I’m trying to find a way to input them directly to the MD Pattern from the computer. That would be useful. [CF_MD_Tonal_Control.amxd|attachment] Capture d’écran 2021-03-14 à 15.38.18
CF_MD_Tonal_Control.amxd (56.6 KB)

2 Likes

Hello… much thx for this… quick question…when i upgrade will I loose my saved patterns and kits or would they just stay the way they are…? thk you!!

1 Like

Everything will still be there untouched. But a backup is always safer before an upgrade.

4 Likes

welcome burch, suggest you read the thread as these kinda questions have been answered.
you won’t lose anything but some machines may switch to tonal mode (so you’ll have to reset them).
as with any upgrade a back up is advised to be on the safe side.

2 Likes

Hi I just installed the new firmware and now I dont have any sound and the rotary controllers are not influencing/moving the parameters at all. I’ve got the sps 1UW+ model (circa 2013). Have I been a dodo with installing this or has anyone else had difficulties? I just got on this forum to ask this so any direct information would be a tremendous help - this firmware has me so excited!

Just had an idea for a shortcut that could be easy to implement and would be great for adding CTL machines to several kits for example.

[KIT]+[TRIG] Select a track and go directly to the machine selection screen for the track.

4 Likes

Thank you !
Does it trig the machine ? Does it work with other than GND ?
Thank you very much

1 Like

Honestly I shouldn’t have shared. It’s useless and only working with track 1 at the moment.
Made it too quick.
Maybe in a few days. Apologies.

1 Like

But does it trig the machine lol ? I’ve a patch who doesn’t

Btw,

Yes it does.

I will try to fusion it with mine… Will come back then :relaxed: thank you ! (Merci)

I just updated to X.04 without any problems, the whole firmware transfer took 10-12 minutes. Used C6 over the MIDI ports on my RME Fireface. Couldn’t find my TM1, would that have been even faster? :yum:

Had a quick go with the new machines, fun stuff!

Updating with TM-1 took me about 3-5min max. but 10-12 seems to be quite alright without turbo midi

1 Like

Ah, that’s fast! It would still have taken me longer to find it than the time I’d save. :slight_smile:

1 Like

if anyone’s enjoying and making cool stuff with X.04 please consider getting involved with this:

7 Likes

top update! thnxx !!

with tm1 turbo about 3min- very quick, works flawlessly, intuitive, amazing projection of the md in a new dimension.

Use this external for accessing midiports from within m4l.

1 Like

The legendary green screen MD.

1 Like