Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

personally i’ve been creating looped files in endless wav then importing with Loop:File, reading the below from the C6 manual gives some clarity, i’ve never tried sending a file with Loop On.

FILE INFO

Shows additional info about files and received data. For Elektron sysex dumps a brief description of the contents is displayed. For audio files the basic parameters are listed.

• [Loop] For audio files the looping behaviour is controlled when sending them as a MIDI SDS. Loop:File honours the looping information stored in the file. Loop On forces looping behaviour. Loop Off selects no looping.
  • [Stereo] Selection for stereo audio files what to send as MIDI SDS as a MIDI SDS transfer is always mono. L + R sends a mix of the two channels. Left or Right sends the selected channel only.

The software Justin just shared looks ideal.

2 Likes

I’ve thought about using the soundcard in my tascam mk12 for streaming and a webcam or my phone hooked up to the pc with some software that lets you capture video directly from your phone to your camera.

As for a limiter, compressor, etc, I have no idea what you would run your audio through for that.

I’ve never streamed but have been loving the reddit streaming community during these covid times.

I feel the same about the DJs, there’s a TON of them. It does look fun & I respect their passion, I don’t find spinning as interesting at all.

I’m going to try out a few methods of live performance soon with my craptop laptop & I’ll let ya know what seemed to work the best.

1 Like

Funny - I had similar thinks in mind. Just jamming and record. Just for the fun and for personal entertainment. Maybe for sharing with your friends.

I tried: Activate iPhone camera and connect to an old iRig interface (so sound goes in via interface and not via phone mic). Recording works super easy. Mount phone on a tripod - and go!

With an appropriate app streaming should work as well.

1 Like

Just want to say a big thank you to the developers of this firmware, ya’ll did a truly superb job! This is one hell of an update :heartpulse:

1 Like

Awesome!
Kudos for You guys for making it happen
But i am expereincing crashing and freezing after update,is there any way to fix it ?

try a soft reset? if it persists you can still downgrade to the official OS to see if it’s a hardware problem.

1 Like

yes you are right, I used to sequence it from octatrack , resulting in wishfull thinking about swing. nonetheless x is amazing. honestly the sound bloomed

1 Like

Up and running here. Thank you to the folks behind this. Incredible to see so many useful and inspiring features added!!!

:heartbeat:

1 Like

I found at least one other post about this but since the upgrade I can’t rename any of my samples.

Another one. Sample bank associations aren’t being saved when changing snapshots. Procedure: Select a different sample bank, then change to a different snapshot. In Globals > Snapshots it shows that the sample bank for the snapshot remains the old one.

Just observed with several older kits that the tuning setting would be set to TONAL causing drastic changes to the sound - not entirely unwelcome, but I assume it wasn’t intentional. The weird part is I saved a couple of these altered kits, but then when I loaded them back, the tuning settings were seemingly not recalled correctly and it was if they had never been altered from DEFAULT.

This wasn’t observed happening to all of the tracks, just a couple random ones.

1 Like

I’ve also noticed the switch to TONAL as default, I got really scared for a second that my patterns would never sound the same with the new OS.

1 Like

Just upgraded, what an increase in the possible sound palette. Thank you so much!

Time to make some rolling sine bass / reverbed 303 / deep kick 135 bpm acid liveset then resample it and play it backwards on track 16, flipping between mute and solo mode. That’s my plan for tonight \m/

5 Likes

http://www.n01ze.com/Muzak/audioterm-by-mathias-gurk/

an excellent program for making md loop point files also - audio term is only software i’ve come across that gets close to the vibe of ensoniq transwaves and re-synthesis

1 Like

Sample rename bug noted.

Sample bank snapshot association we’ll need to confirm <- @yatli

Tonal setting applied to old kits is just a feature of the firmware. We use a memory region that was previously uninitialised for the TONAL setting.

2 Likes

You’d need to provide more details. When is the freezing/crashing occurring?

Waftlord’s suggestion is the correct one.

1. Try Soft Reset.
  2. Downgrade to official 1.63 OS and see if crashing is occurring here (to rule out hardware problem).
1 Like

question about internal oxidation: does oxidation occur due to a long period of inactivity, or is the cause environmental regardless of how often an electronic device is in use?

1 Like

I’d suppose Oxidation happens as long as casings are not 100% air-tight. Changing humidity might play a crucial role in there aswell. (I aint no expert)
Friend of mine took his moog sirin to an outdoor Jam weekend last summer, the nightly humidity made his vol. Poti crackling in the long run.
I suppose that gear that has been stored away for a longer time unproperly in an attic or cellar might oxide mainly due to humidity and/or changing temperatures.
So there might be a correlation, but I suppose If you use your gear all-year round in a humid environment it’ll oxidate faster as it would in a dry environment

2 Likes

FYI I tested saving the snapshot as opposed to changing and confirmed it works fine that way. It’s specifically the Change Snapshot menu that has the issue.

1 Like

Hi, i 'm testing the new OS it’s Freaking awesome !
thx for all you’r work.
i found some strange behavior when using it :

• i can’t reset track using record mode on/ function button + clear it just clear the sequencer not the track
  • when you are in quick mute mode, if you use function + knob for performance, if you hit a button for unmute a track (track will unmute when function will be release) function+knob performance now not work anymore you need to release function and reload the kit via function+extended.

:slight_smile: