Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

thanks brothers :fist:

Since I am a new owner of md, tell me how to update?

Read the manual :rocket:

14 Likes

Wow that is amazing, can’t wait to test it!
Thanks!

It says in the .txt file included with the firmware - and also in the manual :slight_smile:

Also good to know where to find more info if anything goes wrong (I just updated yesterday with no problems FYI)

Absolutely fumin… where’s Overbridge??? :wink:

5 Likes

Not sure if related to this firmware or also in OG firmware. I copied a sample from a RAM slot into a ROM slot and it is copied fine but has a blank name - when I try to rename I just get the message “Empty Position” - this also happens when trying to rename other ROM slots.

3 Likes

:laughing:

First of all, thank you very much for the hard work and incredible updates on this Machine.

I just want to know if this is an expected behavior :

When in Solo Mode, if none of the Tracks are selected, every Tracks are playing.

:+1:

1 Like

While I regrettably don’t own an MD, I truly appreciate the work you guys have put into this.

Also can’t tell you how incredible this is being freely distributed.

Is there some place I can go to donate to support future endeavors?

9 Likes

This is awesome! Is there a link or documentation where we can see the new features and how to use them? I wasn’t aware of these unofficial firmwares until now and I’m super excited :smiley: Thanks a lot for the effort guys, may the MD bless you!

1 Like

I’m curious, were the new GND machines “hidden” in the OS like the TRX Snare2? Or completely written by the devs?

3 Likes

Amazing work - as usual.

Is there anywhere that we can request bug-fixes?

The changelog didn’t seem to suggest that this specific bug was fixed, but it’s really massively one of the biggest bugs (IMO) regarding the original MD OS: unumute issue.

Documented here: Machinedrum unmute issue - is it just my unit?

Would love to see this get fixed, I can’t use my MD as a stand-alone sequencer because of this.

2 Likes

This is amazing … thank you.

Was hoping for a fix to external MIDI notes (and the trig keys) being ignored by muted tracks that I requested, was that ever on the table? If it’s an easy thing I’d pay for it.

EDIT: After re-reading my request, looks like I only asked for the trig keys to not be muted! Actually now I think it should work like newer Elektron machines and only the notes coming from the internal sequencer should be muted.

Whoa. Amazing! Can’t wait to try this when I get home. I fear I won’t be able to update though. C6 no longer working on Catalina. Is C6 a must to upgrade?

No, you could equally use SysEx Librarian or other similar software.

4 Likes

@waftlord seems to confirm also having this issue with x.04 ?

1 Like

Brilliant upgrade… it worked flawlessly on my MD SPS-1 UW MK1 … all kits and patterns and samples played exactly as normal… and the new additions are … truly fantastic…

May i make a request? for a future upgrade…

1. Please allow us to remove notes in play+rec mode with the EXIT/NO button ala … monomachine style… this would be totally awesomer…

2. Is it possible to add a LOCKS menu to the Copy/Clear … menus? to function removing all locks on an existing “track” ?..

again awesome work…

and i look forward to what you come up with for … x.05 ?:slight_smile:

respect…

2 Likes

tip: I was able to successfully upload the firmware and significantly lower the upload time by adjusting the SysEx Librarian to not wait between MIDI messages.

NB: This setting might not work with other gear