Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

Ohhh snap!!! Angel’s!!!

Just tried it few hours, and wow those new machines are so powerful. The tonal mode is great too, it feels like a new synth haha

3 Likes

I took my MD in for repairs & now I’m even more ready to go get it back. Thank you so much

My birthday was yesterday. This is a most awesome birthday gift. Truly amazing! Thank you thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgztQRTmPtU

my first jam with the solo/mute toggle. (and some SN-PRO…)
X.04 has really opened up the performance capabilities of the MD.

13 Likes

Is there a bug thread for this? Just noticed some weird behavior - I was working on a new kit in a new pattern and hadn’t saved it, and (accidentally) engaged and played song mode which changed the pattern. When I went back to the pattern, the kit reverted to a way earlier version and certain tracks no longer had machines assigned to them, even though triggers were entered. These tracks were edited before installing the OS, so they did not include the new machines.

This is tight

3 Likes

Try undo kit?
But if you changed pattern again it’s perhaps gone…

When I went back to the pattern, the kit reverted to a way earlier version and certain tracks no longer had machines assigned to them, even though triggers were entered

Can totally relate.

1 Like

If there’s still spare batt. backed memory I think something like “autosaved kit” would do

Need to investigate.

The machine should have some situation awareness, that the user is staying on one unsaved kit for a long time.

2 Likes

I’ve had that happen to me with the last Elektron firmware.

I’ve made it a habit to save the same kit & song on 2 different slots

2 Likes

Yeah I mean not a huge deal since not much work had yet been done, but wanted to report it just in case. I have to get into the habit fo saving kits more often at any rate.

Hi ! Do you use only one resampling track ? Do you use dedicated track to fx’s and comp eq ?
Really nice and psychedelic groove… You rock

Been bitten a few times and I’ve got the same habit now :smiley: :smiley:

loving these new GND machines already! :star_struck: :+1:

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgztQRTmPtU

During the development, I throw new firmwares at @waftlord everyday.
And our test pilot throws back tracks like this every single time 0.0

3 Likes

it’s so fun now being able to cut to one (2/3/4) track instantly (and back)! Game changing!
looking forward to hearing all the crazy ways people are gonna use it.

no resampling on that one (although 2 tiny instances of failbleton surgery cos my audio interface dropped out…). no dedicated FX CTR except an ALL that i don’t think got used in that take.

it’s been a mad ride! there’s a few more early jams exploring the features lurking on this forum…

1 Like

Uploading the os now! Two trig lights in so far!!!

do i have to have a previous version of the unofficial OS installed? i keep getting a “upgrade failed” message on third light :frowning: i’m on MDUW MK1

never mind, audio interface issue. thanks