Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

Nope, you can upgrade from 1.63 directly.
“Upgrade failure” is mostly about a transmission problem – check your midi cable, power supply, close cpu hogging apps (yes Chrome.exe/Chrome.app/whatever) and try again.

2 Likes

I had to install a few times, and setting the delay ticks to 2 seemed to do the trick. I’m also running a USB midi interface through Overhub and into my mac, for what it’s worth.

Re : I have a question about tonal mode :
So if I choose tonal mode on different machines, will same pitch values play the sames notes ?
Before the update I was using the MD tuning table and values were different, a pitch 64 on BD played a C while a pitch 64 on CP played a A (per exemple

Well since the specific Pitch value numbers now seem to be associated to different pitches vs the standard mode, I think the pitches will al be different if you switch modes, but the experts should answer that one.

I’d also be curious to know what happens when you switch back and forth between the two modes.

1 Like

There’s a change in pitch to what I guess is the closest value of the number currently used. It works smoothly back and forth.

2 Likes

Wow! Does this work on UW versions equally without losing any of that functionality?

this seems like great work but I have some questions:
can I roll back to official firmware?
Is this compatible with all versions of MD (mk1, mk2, UW, +drive etc)?

1 Like

Yes to roll back. (However Kits created with this fw won’t be backward compatible)

Working well for me on mk1 UW (only added functionality :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

Bitwig, yes :slight_smile:

This is surreal! Installing right now. Cannot wait to try it out. :grinning:

If there would ever be a truncate sample to selected start and end points for the UW models, I’d be in heaven.

Excellent! This is ace. Weekend and beyond sorted.

Thank you @v-yadli & @JustinValer

Elvis is still IN the building!

Enjoy this MDusers. :raised_hands:

2 Likes

You mad geniuses I love you.

Sorry, haven’t looked in a while, but did OSv1.71 become OS X.nn ?

Rusty can read release notes like a good bunny rabbit: “The versioning scheme has changed to ‘X.vv’ to indicate this is not an official firmware.”

5 Likes

@v-yadli @JustinValer

Awesome work \o/

** Solo Mode **
From the mute menu, you can now toggle between MUTE/SOLO mode with [ENTER].
The toggle also functions as a mute inversion tool, so that you can switch
between two playback states.

May I suggest that this should also be able to be done with [FUNCTION] + [ENTER]

Current State:

[Function] + [Mute] to enter Mute Mode
[Enter] to toggle between Mute and Solo Modes
[Function] + [Mute] to exit Mute Mode

Proposed State:

[Function] + [Mute] to enter Mute Mode
[Function] + [Enter] to toggle between Mute and Solo Modes
[Function] + [Mute] to exit Mute Mode

Rational:

I’m a simple man. Makes sense to me that the [Function] key can be depressed whilst doing all this as proposed, rather then as currently processed.

3 Likes
12 Likes

I’ve updated my post with a bit more detail.

ok understood, personally i like having more fingers/thumbs free giving access to all the trigs to vary the mutes during toggle switch ups.

I think I found a little bug. When you copy a machine to another track, the newly added parameter [DEFAULT / TONAL] is not copied. It is always DEFAULT. Or maybe I did something wrong.

But I don’t even care… the new OS is amazing. I was thinking about selling the MD a few years ago and now I’m super glad I didn’t. Kudos to you guys for pulling something like this off.

4 Likes

We did specifically patch track copy/paste to also copy the machine’s tuning settings. How are you copying the machine?

2 Likes

For all machines with TONAL tuning enabled: Pitch 64 corresponds to note A.

The octave will vary depending on the machine type.

5 Likes