Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

I’m pretty sure midi in was not muted in the last official OS.

1 Like

Feature request: A dedicated CTL-AL MIDI channel

1 Like

No, it definitely was, and still is. I’ve complained about it since getting my first MD.

At the risk of being a broken record, the trig keys and MIDI input shouldn’t be muted by the MUTE mode and it should only mute the sequencer. External sequencers should be in charge of whether or not their notes are played.

i think @taxhaven is referring to my song mode query here. But yes pattern mode is different.

Interesting split debate, i see your point on external sequencer duties but i feel song mutes should mirror pattern mute function.
Plus some (me) may be running midi from external machines and want to programme all the song from the MD (…too lazy to create another sequence to mirror)

Manual quote “Tracks muted using song mute can not be unmuted using pattern mute.” which alludes to me that song mode has final say on what inputs come through?

as it is you could benefit from using song mode programmed mutes to gain the outcomes you’re after when using external midi in.

Anyone new to the MD world and wondering if it’s worth getting the x. 04 firmware.

The Machinedrum can now ambient in key.

Delete if not allowed. Just showing the firmware off. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

No, delete is not allowed.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Can you downgrade to official elektron’s OS version after you updated to X.04 ?

https://www.elektronauts.com/search?q=downgrade%20topic:121321

4 Likes

I just installed x.04 yesterday and I’ve been having this weird problem:
When I’m sequencer mode, after some minutes I can’t use the record/pause/play buttons, they only work as if I was pressing the function key.

So, If i want to go from sequencer mode to play mode, or stop playing, I can’t, I can only copy/past/clear pattern.

This happen to anybody?

I don’t have that problem.
Maybe try and redo the firmware.

Can you try and enter TESTMODE from the boot menu. (hold FUNCTION on power on)

Then press your function key repeatedly. You should see one of the Sound Selection keys flicker on and off. It not, the button is not working correctly.

1 Like

The strange thing is that function works as expected for all other buttons. I’ll try to reinstall the firmware later today

Anyone know, shell I do update again on normal speed?

I loaded it without the TM1 and ran into errors until I slowed down the transfer sightly (2-5 In C6 I think).

Others were able to do so without slowing it down so it may depend on your setup.

1 Like

I’ve tried to update my sps-1 mk2 several times, but no matter what i do the trig leds don’t lights up when I send the new os file, i’ve already tried to switch midi cables, update via different midi interfaces (umc 404hd and digitakt) and different delay speed but my MD is not able to receive anything. Anyone have some suggestions? Sysex dump and receive works fine, i’ve no clue why it behave like this.

Take us through the process. What mode is the md in when you start sending?

Problem solved dude, today i’ve just bought a midi to usb cable and the update run smooth as planned :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks again for the update… Playing poly MD as a 16 poly synth with some midi process patchs… Really cool to have relative pitchs values on différents tracks.
Could even play it as a 16x4 poly synth with new machine and 4 sin OSC…

Ctrl all time

1 Like

Ok, I finally have the time to check this out properly.

I figured it would be fun to livestream so please join me at twitch.tv/ess_mtsn tonight at 8PM CET for some MD-X exploration. :cowboy_hat_face:

19 Likes