Machinedrum randomiser?

Hi guys,

I know there’s a MD kit randomiser - but the page is down…

http://www.bl-project.com/Ivity.html

anyone have a copy?

also, has anyone made a pattern randomiser ever or is designing one?

is this possible for (any) elektron gear?

the thing i’m doing is the only thing besides the ruin&wesen minicommand that can manipulate patterns.

it’s definitely possible with any Elektron gear…

Haven’t checked the file section of this or the old forum, but pretty sure that’s where I got it from.
Just formatted though - will see if I have a copy.

edit:
http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=30&Itemid=30

Can you precise what is randomized exactly? I have a Yamaha RS7000 that is able to randomize every pattern, and more than a simple randomization, it provides a range of algorithms that can diversify the drum patterns. It’s a real time loop remix function working on the midi datas of a pattern.

Here is a complete explanation of this loop remix function :

If something like that could be implemented on the MD, it would be very useful, to introduce more rhythmic diversity.

@void - you are osx though arent you? looks like i may have to get an ipad

@jeffe -think the links are down? :frowning:

@drone - i would love a more handson approach - the x0xbox xustom OS ‘MarOS’ is brilliantly intuitive

if someone does have the MD editor for windows that would be really handy!

:]

I used the RS7000 for live gigs during a decade or so: never used such an easy to tweak machine an sequencer. Far from the elektron sequencers, that are just toys for young children, imo :joy: . But I get bored by the Yamaha sound, so I try to use elektron gears now (MD & OT), but I spend a lot of time fighting against their sequencer limitations.

The loop remix function of the RS 7000 is really easy to use: once you have a pattern programmed, you press a single button and select one of the midi algorithms. The machine does the job, and you can switch from an algorithm to another just by pressing a button. Very powerful: with a single pattern, you can modify your rhythmic infinitely using loop remix. It’s one hundred times more powerful than the random slice of the OT: another toy for young children… I would like the sound of the elekron and the sequencer of the RS7000…

The links worked fine for me.

The program is there - give it a try.

excellent! they worked just now - believe me they didnt the other day, and i have about 2,400 internets so i know a link when i see one :]

Search for md machine lab, works only on mac

Is this randomizing option available to non UW versions?

This Max for Live device I hacked together can randomise parameters and save sounds. Might help if your using Live.

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/2021/machinedrum-love

2 Likes

Nice. Gonna try this out later.

Yes, I’ve tried this one out too. Its quite handy.

The only issue is that Im looking for a FULL randomizer.

This one actually randomizes one sound at a time. Im searching for something to randomize to whole 16 sounds at a click.

I’ve been hunting the internet to find something for this…but no luck so far.

Anyone?

Hi coming back from far ^^
Will it change the machine, and LFO destination ?

you may check this out

2 Likes