Machine: elektron-users compilation

Album: http://eumachineproject.bandcamp.com/album/machine

Just over 4 and a half years ago we, elektron-users, started working on a community compilation: machine. The project was a fairly substantial effort, taking the best part of 9 months to complete- it was our baby.

Sadly, the project fell off the internet after a couple of years after its release, mainly due to the passing of our driving force- the man who held everything together wasn’t around to hold everything together any more. Rest in peace Ryan, we miss you.

Anyway, after chatting to Bluewolfse7en the other week I got inspired to try and get the project out there again and onto peoples headphones. My old laptop was brought back to life, a new bandcamp page was set up and the 15 tracks of glorious elektronic music was let loose into the world once again.

The original compilation was a paid release at 5$, with all proceeds going to the WWF following the wishes of the late Daniel Hansson, for who the 45 project was created in memorium of. I’ve put the album up for free download to avoid any financial fussing, if you wish to donate there are details of how to do so here: http://wwf.panda.org/how_you_can_help/support_wwf/donate/

I hope you enjoy what was a fantastic release- I’m incredibly proud of what we created and think it has stood the test of time very well. There were some ridiculously talented people involved in that project and I am extremely thankful to have worked with them. I remain proud to have been a part of this project and and fortunate to still be in contact with many of my collaborators. (Cody, I must get around to that next email!)

Album: http://eumachineproject.bandcamp.com/album/machine

(Its worth noting at this point there are only 200 downloads- if we excede that Ill look at sharing via dropbox or something).

Have fun and be cool,

tIB

7 Likes

Wicked, you found it!
Downloading now, thanks you’re a star :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just d/l, will listen tomorrow, thanks

1 Like

very nice! really love the variety too. will definitely be listening to this for a while :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice one tIB!

2 Likes

F+++ing weird, I had been loading lots of ‘to listen’ folders on a small USB drive I connected to my car stereo lately. Last week-end I came to this Machine compilation - this is to say I recognized it from Andy’s submission (no track display on my car stereo) - still considering it one of his best works, and probably my favourite from the album… irresistible groove. All the other works are great as well.

Telepathy exists.

2 Likes

Aw, thanks very much em9, that’s both spooky and very kind of you. I hadnt been back to that track for a long while and remember not being so sure about it at the time. Interesting going back to it; it’s better than I remember but these days Id have been a bit more cut happy I think- couple of minutes too long.

2 Likes

I remember when you guys had the song submissions for this album. Can’t believe time has flown by so fast. Thanks for the repost tIB!

1 Like

Bumping this for those unaware of its existence.
Enjoy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A decade old in a week or so…

4 Likes

Blimey that’s gone by too quick

1 Like

I actually just downloaded this along with the Silver Souls collection, nice coincidence! Really enjoying the sounds of Machines.

1 Like

damn time flies! :rocket: and it still is an awesome album! @tIB good job in resurrecting it!

1 Like