Machine Drum used by established artists

nice one Bro !! Havent expected your’e still reading the Forums in the first place :slight_smile: Great to hear something from you again!

You have the Rytm and the Analog Four as well, right? Telling from your recent OT Minicommand Videos and from your Webpage :slight_smile: Did you got that Bodzin/Romboy/Schumacher Sound out of them as well? I usually have a hard time getting there; as you might tell from the Stuff on my Youtube Channel. Always found the Machinedrum to be far better suited for those kinds of things … its Drumsounds are almost organic at some point :slight_smile: The Rytm is waaay too much in your face in a lot of cases and taming it is not very pleasent - usually. But sometimes even that works :smiley:

Great to hear something from you again Justin. Do you have plans to continue with a Liveset - like the one i linked parts from here? I’m still waiting for a sequel :smiley: Check your comments :wink:

Cheers
umonox (aka subbz2k; if you still remember my old name :wink: )

1 Like

Hi Steven honestly i don´t think the MD is out of fashion… and the term established artists sounds like famous people using the MD. :eye: if you use one extensively you can recognize in some productions because his character. i think that is a killer piece of gear and a lot of good producers have the unit in their studios.

Here you can check some elektron boxes in action along with a Virus Ti and some Lexicon FX

also is an awesome sequencer

5 Likes

justin your videos pushed me over the edge to get an MD. sounds like a few of us owe you for some inspiration :smiley: love to hear more keep em comin’

1 Like

A few yrs I go I Had the pleasure of seeing Justin play live one night at one of our underground venues with the mduw and the tetra
Slamming stuff on the techno monitors
Don’t know why you always think the md is not loud enough Justine ha!

1 Like

Glad to have had you Nick.

The guy who was running those events would come up to the mixer at the start of my sets and turn the input gain all the way in to the red. The original Analog Heat.

6 Likes

Mark Bell founding member of LFO, producer for Bjork and Depeche Mode, played live with Monomachine SFX-6 and Machinedrum. I suspect there’s a lot of Machinedrum on his LFO album Sheath.

Rest In Peace, dude.

16 Likes

Laurel Halo used it a lot on Chance of Rain, and I think on her more recent album. Chance of Rain is great.

1 Like

Respect

1 Like

If you watch the slices series on YouTube you’ll see one on just about every desk.

1 Like
2 Likes

On a totally different tip, for those into 90s and 00s J-Pop, mega superstar Japanese producer Tetsuya Komuro brought Machinedrum out while touring with “globe” in the 00s and on his “Synthesized Trance” performance tour.

5 Likes

Was supposed to? Why not? What happened?

Life.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah I hear ya man, hope happens a little softer in the future.

Bought the vinyl and suspected I recognized something.

3 Likes

I don’t believe that they did actually. I know Tamborello (who wrote the synth/drum stuff) uses it a lot for his Dntel stuff (and it and the MnM are both all over the album Mistake Mistake Mistake Mistake he released as James Figurine, as well as the resulting remixes by John Tejada, etc). but nothing on Give Up sounds like it was done with a Machinedrum (and the UW wasn’t out then). it was only out for about a year or so when the album was written, so it’s possible… but I doubt it. MicroKorg though… ALL OVER that record! :slight_smile:

Oh damn I never realised. Sounds so good. The humble microkorg is probably THE synth of the '00s

Yeah, I remember seeing him play in his hometown. Mid-2000s.